Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Niederlassungserlaubnis / Freelancer

Toggle
Niederlassungserlaubnis / Freelancer
Answer
3/27/11 6:50 PM
Hi Friends,

I am in Germany 3,5 years, all the time working as Mech.Engineer, now I have good chance to work as Freelancer. I have unlimited working permit "unbefristete Arbeitserlaubnis" but still have not "Niderlassungserlaubnis" that means I have limited residence permit. As far I know, I have to wait 1,5 years more for it.
My question: can I work like Freelancer without unlimited residence permit? If I can not, please is it any possibility to apply for it before 5 years in Germany?
Thank you for answers.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Niederlassungserlaubnis / Freelancer
Answer
3/27/11 10:02 PM as a reply to Bob Rock.
Unfortunatley not. To work as a freelancer you should have a permission states ''Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet'', that means that you can work as a freelancer or establish your own company.

This is granted only by becoming a Niederlassungserlaubnis after 5 years of living in Germany and meeting the requirements for Niederlassungserlaubnis.

Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Niederlassungserlaubnis / Freelancer
Answer
3/28/11 2:51 PM as a reply to Bob Rock.
Hi Lekashill,

the answer you got is only 50% right ;-)

You need 'Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet', but you can get this right away. Just go to your alien office and ask for the change, because you want to work as a freelancer.

Some of my engineers got it right from the beginning others after 3 years. Just a matter of luck.

But after 3.5 years the alien office officers should not make any problem!

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3