Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Citizenship with 7 years. What went wrong?

Alternar
Hello forum,

I thought I had all under control, what went wrong? I applied for the citizenship on 30.04.08 after 7 years beeing in Germany (from 17.04.2001). 5 yrs GC + 2 yrs NE.

I submitted:
- Einbuergerung's Form Request
- Passport with NE
- Birth certificate
- Loyalitaetserklaerung
- Invoices copies(I'm freelancer since 12.07 with fix salary)
- B1 Certificate
- Orientierungskurs Teilnahme Certificate
- Photo

Yesterday I got a letter from Regierungspraesidium Darmstadt saying.

"When checking your papers I found out that the 8 years minimum residence period is not complete. It will be consider after 06.2009.
Die Ruecknahmegebuehr wuerde 127.50 Euro und die Ablehnungsgebuehr 191.25 Euro betragen."

So the questions is what did I do wrong? Before I contact him, I would like to know your opinion. Maybe he did not get the B1 + Orientierungskurs certificate?, I will send them again.

Integrationskurs = B1 + Orientierungskurs, right?

Guys thank you very much for your time!
Javi
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Citizenship with 7 years. What went wrong?
Respuesta
27/06/08 11:28 en respuesta a Javier Gutiérrez.
Hi Javi,

I have applied before few days for the Citizenship under the same 7 years rule as you.

The first paper the Beamte asked for was the official confirmation from BAMF that I'm fulfilling the integration requirement to take advantage of 7 years rule.

By the way,I have applied for that BAMF Confirmation myself directly by sending a copy of my ZD & Orientierungskurs certificates and after two weeks they sent me a nice colored official confirmation which made the Beamte happy :-)

Just ask them if you can get the confirmation and add it to your file? Good Luck.

Cheers,

IT-Expert
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/06/08 11:49 en respuesta a Javier Gutiérrez.
@
What happened with Javi this is not normal. Normally Standesamt is asking for all the papers before sumitting. If they accept the papers then there should not be anything wrong with Darmstadt ?I would suggest to discuss someone with Standesamt.

Are there an new rules in place in 2008? I applied last year Dec but I did not submit anything like BAMF ?

I have only received a paper from Darmstadt after 5 month that I need to inform them if there is anything change like job, addrss and so on. What does it mean by that ? Are they processing my paper or what ?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/06/08 13:03 en respuesta a Javier Gutiérrez.
Guys thank you very much for you answers.

@IT-Expert: Thanks a lot that's an excellent information. I will try to do the same. If you have time and "Lust", maybe you can give us a little more detail on how to do this (how, where, how much, etc). I will google anyway.

@hellonews: I will try what IT-Expert suggested, It makes sense to do it if it only takes two weeks.
I think there is a new rule in 2008 but this will take effect after 09.2008 (Einbürgerungstest).
I have also received the same letter as you did, two weeks ago. (1.5 months after submission). They just let you know the papers started being processed and if you change anything like job, address, marital status, etc. you should inform them.

Thanks again.
Javier
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/06/08 16:23 en respuesta a Javier Gutiérrez.
Hola Javier

is VERY important to know under with article processed your forms.

If they noted (or you filled) an incorrect "Absatz" (§) your case is considered under different parameters. Please have a look on this forum another "Einburgerung" cases.

Is also important to know where do you live. I heard some cases from people who directly were adviced to avoid presenting the papers before 8 years even they could easily be included in the 6 or 7 years exceptions.

So, if you don't mind, could you share with us the § stated in the papers and where did you present the request?
0 (0 Votos)

Advantage and Disadvantgaes of German Passport
Respuesta
27/06/08 18:24 en respuesta a Javier Gutiérrez.
Dear all,
I am a new member of this website.
Can anyone tell me the advantage and disadvantages of taking German passport? If i will have German passport, can i work in UK, USA, Australia or Canada without seeking work permission there. If someone, write me in details, it will be helpful for me.
Best wishes
love08
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/06/08 18:28 en respuesta a Javier Gutiérrez.
@love09

>>If someone, write me in details, it will be helpful for me.

Yeah, we are going to spoon feed you all the details.. go do some research yourself
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/06/08 19:16 en respuesta a Javier Gutiérrez.
Hola all again,

@YO: It is a shame I do not have a copy of the submitted form at the moment, so I cannot provided with the exact §. But I can tell I did the submission in Ruesselsheim (Hessen). If I remember well there were some successful cases in Hessen described in this forum.

@love09: Advantages: you can work in Europe (not only Germany) without working permit (don't remember details like exactly which countries), You will have the visa acceptance of Europa when traveling abroad. Disadvantages: you have to give up your own nationality. This might mean, in some cases, that you will need a visa to visit your own country (e.g: if you are chinese)

Update on BAMF confirmation: I called and they said I have to call to BAMF in Frankfurt (nobody answers today). It depends which kind of B1 I have (Goetheinst.) and where I did the Orientierungskurs (VHS).

Does anybody else have any experience with B1 + Orientierungskurs without Integrationskurs?

Guys thank you very much again.
Javier
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
28/06/08 13:21 en respuesta a Javier Gutiérrez.
@javier

Common sense is a sense which is very uncommon among Regierungsbeamten ;-)

Integrationskurs = B1 + Orientierungskurs

...is not exactly

B1 + Orientierungskurs = BAMF-zertifikat
BAMF-zertifikat = Integrationskurs
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
8/08/08 14:18 en respuesta a Javier Gutiérrez.
Ok here an update on the issue (a bit late but it may be useful for some people)

I have written an email to BAMF in Frankfurt. You can find the address that suits better to you under this link

http://www.bamf.de/cln_101/nn_441244/DE/DasBAMF/Organisation/Aussenstellen/aussenstellen-node.html?__nnn=true

they requested a copy of both the B1 and the Orientation course certificates. And after one week I got my Integrationskurs Certificate emoticon

cheers!
Javier
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/06/09 20:59 en respuesta a Javier Gutiérrez.
Hi all,

Thanks for the Trust7 forum for sharing valuable infos.
I have NE now and came to Germany in 2002 by Greencard.I want to apply for the citizenship with the 7 year rule. I took the ZD exam & got the B1 certificate and also got the Orientierungskurs certificate by passing the Orientierungtest. Now I want to get the Integrationkurs certificate from BAMF by sending ZD+Ori.cert. Can anybody who got this certificate share the template of the letter which you had written to BAMF for getting the Integrationkurs certificate. It will be very helpful if you can share.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/06/09 22:08 en respuesta a Javier Gutiérrez.
I am sorry but I break my head in the middle of the night with dictionary, search from Internet and spent 8 hours writing my own letter, it did cost me a sleepless night and nearly an accident at the autobahn in the morning driving to work. If you have B1, you should be able to write such a letter just asking for the "Integrations Kurs Zertifikat"

I sent my letter's copy to someone who is not able to speak/write german and he got his OK letter from Darmstadt in 1.5 months, I am waiting since 7 months.

Enjoy writing your own letter. You will not get it from me. Of course there will be others who will provide it to you.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott