Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Unlimited working visa (Unbeschränktes Arbeitserlaubnis)

Toggle
Hi All,
I did my masters in germany and then worked for a company for 2 years.I have an unlimited employment contract. But, I have to renew my visa every year. Now that I have completed two years of employment,am I eligible for unlimited work permit? If yes, how can I get it?
Thanks in advance.
TP
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Unlimited working visa (Unbeschränktes Arbeitserlaubnis)
Answer
7/16/09 11:54 AM as a reply to tim p.
go to the ausländerbehörde, you get all the information.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 2:06 PM as a reply to tim p.
do u mean NE? If so, NE needs 5 years of tax paid.
student time is considered half.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 2:35 PM as a reply to tim p.
I think he mean BE. Search for BE or Beschaftigung Erlaubt
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 2:56 PM as a reply to tim p.
but BE is not unlimited right?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 2:59 PM as a reply to tim p.
He wrote "Unbeschränktes Arbeitserlaubnis" so BE is correct

NE is "Unbeschränktes Arbeitserlaubnis & Aufenthaltserlaubnis"
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 2:59 PM as a reply to tim p.
BE is not unlimited. Its only that you can take up any job with clauses.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 3:02 PM as a reply to tim p.
>>"Its only that you can take up any job with clauses"

It should read
"Its only that you can take up any job without clauses"
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 8:23 PM as a reply to tim p.
As there is often confusion with the residence titles and the rights involved, especially regarding the question of employment, a quick overview would be handy.

There are four different residence titles.

The visa is just short term for visiting or carrying out a business trip.

Then there is the (limited) residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis).

The residence permit is limited in time and tied to a special purpose of residence (i.e. education, gainful employment, self-employment, subsequent immigration of dependents).

There is no isolated "work permit" as such. The residence permit issued for a special purpose has to explicitely state if taking up work (self-employed or dependent) is allowed. Here the authority has the discretion to limit the permission to work to a special field of employment or a particular employer. This is usually done at the outset, especially if the initial purpose of the title is to work in Germany. These restrictions can later be abandoned after meeting the requirements as has been pointed out here, under the term “BE”, in many of the relevant threads (basically after two years of employment or three years of legal stay in Germany).

Then there is the unrestricted and resilient settlement permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis). This permit is not limited in time. However, as with every other residence title, there are some points to be observed when leaving Germany. The holder of the residence permit is entitled to take up any kind of work (dependent or self-employed) by virtue of this settlement permit alone.

Only rarely is this the first title one gets. This is the case, for example, with highly qualified persons. Usually you start with the residence permit.

A settlement permit will mostly be granted if you have held a residence permit for five years. There are some additional points that have to be observed, for example, the livelihood must be ensured. In addition the applicant must have paid compulsory or voluntary contribution into the statutory pension scheme for at least 60 months or has to furnish evidence of an entitlement to comparable benefits from an insurance or pension scheme or from an insurance company.

A final second type of a residence title has recently entered this family thanks to European Law. It is called Daueraufenthaltserlaubnis-EG (right of permanent residence) and, speaking of a family, can be called the big sister of the settlement permit. The aim is to facilitate the movement within the EG. Therefore, for example, unlike the (national) settlement permit it will only expire after being outside its jurisdictional area for more than 12 consecutive months, or, residing outside of Germany for a period of six years. The requirements to obtain such a right of permanent residence are similar to those of the settlement permit. One has to be legally in Germany with a residence title (residence permit or settlement permit) for five years, but there is no requirement of having paid compulsory or voluntary contribution into the statutory pension scheme for at least 60 months. On the other hand the law requires the applicant to demonstrate consolidated income to pay for her and her family’s livelihood. In German law the provisions of the settlement title apply to the right of permanent residence thus equally entitling the holder to take up any kind of work (dependent or self-employed).

Rechtsanwalt_Jain@yahoo.de
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/09 10:27 PM as a reply to tim p.
Thanks everybody for your comments and reply. So, it looks like I am eligible for a workpermit that doesnot restrict me to work in a particular company.

I have one further question. Is it possible to get a work permit extension for more than a year? Or is it decided solely by the authorities?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/09 5:17 PM as a reply to tim p.
@vakalat,

thanks for the explanation.

so which type of visa (Niederlassungserlaubnis-NE or Daueraufenthaltserlaubnis-DE) you recommend, if one eligible for both?

i think many of the trust7 forum members having either NE or DE. iam very thankful to them if they share their experience here.

1. NE (+ve and -ve points compared to DE)
2. DE (+ve and -ve points compared to NE)

Thank you all.
Sinu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/21/09 5:38 PM as a reply to tim p.
@sinu78,

I would definitely recommend for D-EG. It is just super set of NE.

For more info go though the link below(to the end of the page):

http://trust7faq.wik.is/Visa/Daueraufenthalt_EG
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/29/09 10:41 PM as a reply to tim p.
Thanks sgattu,
The link you posted was very useful.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18