Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NE applying

Toggle
NE applying
Answer
5/4/06 9:03 PM
I came to germany in 2001 after completing my Ph. D and was working in Germany. Six month back, our company closed down so I was getting arbeitlosengeld from Arbeitsamt (for 6 month). Recently, I found another job. I will be completing 5 years by July 2006. The question is

Whether I can apply for NE in this july ? or I have to wait till I pay 60 month income tax to the goverment.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: NE applying
Answer
5/4/06 9:05 PM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
RTFF
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/06 8:46 PM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
you can apply in July. There were some other members (don't remember which exactly) that got it despite employment gaps. There was a paragraph somewhere where it stated that the 60 months do not applay if you have something and something ... bla bla, but I remember it did apply for us.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/8/06 5:30 PM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
Thank you Cybigi,

Is it possible for you to provide me a link to the paragraph.

Regards,

Lustig
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/8/06 6:52 PM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
You will not find any paragraph. Law does not have all details. In your case Rente was paid by AA while you were receiving ALG.
Even if Rente would not be paid you could get NE after 5 y because you came to D before 1.1.05.

Use search forum for details.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/9/06 3:05 PM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
Here is the paragraph:

http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/aufenthaltsg.html#104

(2) Bei Ausländern, die vor dem 1. Januar 2005 im Besitz einer Aufenthaltserlaubnis oder Aufenthaltsbefugnis sind, ist es bei der Entscheidung über die Erteilung einer Niederlassungserlaubnis hinsichtlich der sprachlichen Kenntnisse nur erforderlich, dass sie sich auf einfache Art in deutscher Sprache mündlich verständigen können. § 9 Abs. 2 Nr. 3 und 8 findet keine Anwendung.

So § 9 Abs. 3 is the one requiring the 60 months but AufenthG 104 Abs. 2 says that one does not apply if you are here before 1.1.05
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/10/06 11:08 AM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
Hi
I have been in germany since 1999 september.

1999 Sept - 2003 March as student ( Aufenthaltsbewelligung )

2003 Sept - 2005 Sept as nachpraktikant( Aufenthaltsbewelligung )

2005 Sept - till today as soft.dev( Aufenthaltserlaubnis )

the behorde is not clearly answering my question whether i qualify , since my compelete file is not with them.

Does any one have any idea with this regards

kpmkhaja
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/10/06 1:28 PM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
Maybe Behörde doesn't know.
You probably do not qualify. Your first AE is after 1.1.05 and you need 60 Renten.
If you have this 60 Renten you could get NE but it is not certain. Some ABH will count ABW some not. But without 60 Renten you have no chance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/10/06 7:30 PM as a reply to Sunil Survaiya.
Thank you Cybigi and DvD for the useful information !!!

Regards,

Lustig
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3