Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Mark D in the passport

Toggle
Mark D in the passport
Answer
10/1/08 8:59 AM
I thank in advance for the help anyone can share to my worry.
I am not in Germany yet but I submitted my (family reunion)residence visa application 2 weeks ago here in the embassy in our country and right after the interview the visa officer give back my passport with mark D type D and gave me a paper that i need to submit 2 more documents and my husband will also contact the foreign office in Germany where I intend to come and ask for confirmation if my papers need a verification or not. I give the 2 documents the next day except for the confirmation letter from the foreign office in Germany. My husband also contacted the foreign office but cannot give that paper because it is between embassy and their office. My worry is, why there is a mark D on my passport right away? What does it mean? What happen to my application? Who decides in the granting of residence visa?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Mark D in the passport
Answer
10/1/08 12:12 PM as a reply to Karry Lee.
I am supposing that the visa has not yet been granted ans is pending.

The mark "Type D" on ur passport is an indication that you have applied for residence permit at one of the Schenghen states.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/08 1:51 PM as a reply to Karry Lee.
I also had D while I submitted my passport and was waiting for an answer from visa office. I guess it stands for 'Due' C stands for 'Cancelled'.
So nothing to worry about. After one month, every week you call the visa office where you submitted and check your status of application. Usually its a letter from Germanys ausländerbehörde stating whether or not you are permitted. If its positive you need to give your passport to the visa office and they will stamp your visa in 1 or 2 days.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/08 5:01 PM as a reply to Karry Lee.
Thank you very much Stutt and Paddy.
Will they ask for more documents other than what is in the standard requirements?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/08 6:25 PM as a reply to Karry Lee.
since now you have submitted the two documents which they asked after they checked your documents possibly they wont ask for more.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/08 6:28 PM as a reply to Karry Lee.
They MIGHT :-) ask. Ask your husband in Germany to keep track of your file at local ABH and you get to know in advance whether they would request more documents.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/3/08 4:51 PM as a reply to Karry Lee.
Hi friends especially Paddy and Stutt.. Thank you for a kind reply and information you shared.
Just exactly 2 weeks after I submitted my application, the ABH contacted my husband and ask if he expect someone with a name xxxx (my name) to come, the only question they ask, and hope everything will go smooth with my application. Thanks for a help.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott