Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NE - possible ?

Toggle
NE - possible ?
Answer
5/15/05 3:28 AM
Hi guys,

What do you think I can do ?
The situation :
I am living in Germany and working with GC almost 4 years in one company ( 4 year will be in August). My contract expires at the end of August. It can be prolonged , but I want to quit and to go to study to UK for 1 year ( it's a good opportunity and can't be missed). The current salary is in a range for highly qualified.
My work permit expiries together with my contract, but the CG itself is valid until 07.2006.
After the graduation I'd like to return to Germany and search for a job, but I would not have CG anymore.
I would like to know:
1. whether it's possible to get NE now with the limited contract what is valid for 3.5 months
2. is it possible to prolong my visa permit for 1 year ?
3. If I can't prolong anything and after 1 year+ I return back to Germany, will my current 4 years be calculated for NE ?

Any ideas are very welcome.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: NE - possible ?
Answer
5/16/05 10:53 PM as a reply to nataly vagner.
let's assume that you get NE tomorow(probably it is the best situation for you at moment), and go to study in UK for a year. Are you sure your NE will still be valid after a year staying outside germany? i remember someone in this forum used to discuss abt this issue, answer is negative. so what's your point to get NE now? Regarding question 2 and 3, you can go and check that with any officer in immigration directly or send them email, pretty sure they will reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/16/05 11:47 PM as a reply to nataly vagner.
Hi,

I remember someone writing in forums that if one takes a break after getting NE like a job in other country from a german company or for education and explains this facts to AB then the NE can be kept valid..maybe you should ask AB regarding this..pls do let me know their response as I am intrested to have this information.

Amol.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/17/05 12:08 AM as a reply to nataly vagner.
1. Very hard, perhaps with help of lawyer. Biggest problem: your contract expires, thus your financial support ist not guaranteed. If you want NE now you have to extend your contract and have salary >85000 (perhaps even more, like 93000).

2. Yes, if you extend your contract. Generally: no job -> no visa. However, even if you extend your contract right now you might have to wait up to 4 weeks before your current visa expires - some ABHs do not want to do the extension earlier.

3. I do not know.

Idea:
Try to retain your residence status in Germany if you want to go back someday.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/17/05 12:53 AM as a reply to nataly vagner.
Hi, thanks for your coments.
Cedomir - why are you writing about salary higher then 85K? everywhere I heart about this limit .
I will retain the german address , but I do not know how it will help in the futureemoticon
In case I get NE now ( with some miracles emoticon ) as mmtt assumed, I can oficially stay here and nothing will happens to my NE, I think . Is it right ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/17/05 2:12 AM as a reply to nataly vagner.
Ok I have checked out. The limit is at the moment

42.300 € x 2 = 84,600 €

with this you can apply using § 19 AufenthG
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7