Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

BE benefits

Toggle
BE benefits
Answer
1/22/08 5:00 PM
Hello!

I am considering moving from company specific to BE visa. I am considering this since I am considering mvonig to US for a 3-4 months contract and If not happy to come back again.
Can someone tell me if the below is OK legally on BE visa?

1- With my current visa linked to company, if I leave the company for a few months, I have to change the visa to searching for work lets say I get it for 3-4 mnoths. During this time, I could go to US, then come back and then look for work. However, high probability is that I would not find work back here and my green card status is lost.

2- I change my visa to BE. This means I can work for any company. With this visa, I resign from my company and then can visit the US, and if I want to come back in the next six months, I can come back and easily get a job since I do not have to change my visa again since BE is fine to get employed.

I do not plan to apply for unemployment benefit etc. I am just considering not working in germany for a few months and going to US.

Should this be OK on the BE visa?
When I leave my firm after changing to BE, do I need to tell the visa office that I have left my job and would they move me to "looking for work" or can I keep my BE status?

I know that NE is the best, but I do not qualify for it yet.
Can someone comment whether it is ok to be not working and have a BE for a few months and if it will cause me problems leaving or entering germany again within 3-5 months?

Thanks a bunch
0 (0 Votes)

Re: BE benefits
Answer
1/22/08 6:10 PM as a reply to j n.
According to my knowledge, with BE , you will not have any problem in your case and you do not need to tell anything to ABH if you have BE and your want to change your job etc. Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/22/08 6:21 PM as a reply to j n.
Thanks for responding UMTS11

Just want to double check
I know that changing jobs is not a problem with BE

But I am not sure if with BE, I resign from my job, and am not working for 3-5 months / travelling aborad,
- whether I would keep the BE status or not
- would I need to tell the visa office that I have left the previous firm
- would I need to change the visa during this 3-5 month period
- With BE, and not worknig at any company, when I return in a few months < 6, would the immigration at the airport give me any problem

I just dont want to end up in a situation where I have to go all over the work permit process with the few months of wait time since no one would hire me with such a scenario

Thanks a bunch!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/22/08 6:43 PM as a reply to j n.
Your biggest problem may/could be the immigration at airport, otherwise you are safe.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott