Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Info about work permit - jobs in .Net technology

Toggle
Hi

I'm currently working at Bangalore and looking for relocation to Germany, preferrably Munich. I had applied for jobs through monster, but the consultants came back saying that I should have a valid work permit before I can be considered for a job.

1)What are the procedures to apply for a work permit in Germany, what are the pre-requisites and how long does it take?

2)I'm a senior developer with about 5 years of total experience, of which 2.5 years are in .Net, main areas being VB.Net, ASP.Net 1.1, C#, SQL Server, Crystal reports. What are my chances of getting a job for this profile?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards

Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Info about work permit - jobs in .Net technology
Answer
5/14/06 10:05 PM as a reply to Rajesh n.
"what are the pre-requisites.."
1-)The only pre-requisite is to have an employer who is willing to employ you and employers usually demand to see a work-permit before they even invite you to the interview, so it is kind of a vicious circle for the newcomers. Work-permit processes are initiated by the employer and not by the potential employee. Process may take from 1 week to 3 months depending on the region, workload of the labour office etc.. and there is no guarantee that work-permit will be issued at the end of the process..

"I'm a senior developer with ... What are my chances of getting a job ?"
2-) Well.. if you were in Germany(prefarably with a german degree and/or a work-permit) and equipped with good german language skills then I would say "pretty good" but from Bangalore without German skills, I would say "pretty bad", unless you are exceptionally good with Phd. degree or smt..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Info about work permit - jobs in .Net technology
Answer
5/15/06 2:07 AM as a reply to Rajesh n.
The only pre-requisite is to have an employer who is willing to employ you and employers usually demand to see a work-permit before they even invite you to the interview, so it is kind of a vicious circle for the newcomers.

it's a vicious circle, but not because of any work or residence permit. main problem is that the interview in his case is going to be very costly because of travel expenses and employers will not be willing to pay those money if they are not sure that they badly need somebody like him and that he will get a work permit without problems

if he will inform them (in German) that they don't have to pay anything for the interview, he is going to get lots of invitations. but it must be understood that interview doesn't necesseraly mean he will get a job, especially when potential employers do not have to pay even one cent for it. and even if employer will want to employ him, he can not be sure that local employment office will issue him a work permit.

if he were here as a student everything would be much easier. and it would be even more easy if some company from his homeland sent him here to work and made the paperwork ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott