Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Changing job on Aufenthaltserlaubnis

Toggle
Changing job on Aufenthaltserlaubnis
Answer
12/2/08 7:37 PM
Hi,
I have been working in Germany for more than a year now on Aufenthaltserlaubnis tied to my current company. I want to change my job and have the following questions:
1. In the event I find job with another company, is the process of getting my current Aufenthaltserlaubnis to another company simple or complicated?
a. Is it like I just go to auslanderamt and get the transfer done myself?
b. Or, is it like my new company should do it and that too after proving to the auslanderamt that no other german resident can replace me?

2. If answer is (b) above, how much time does this take and during this time will I run the risk that the auslanderamt inform my current company about the same?

3. I will have to serve a notice period of about 2 months in my current company, in this case can I get my Aufenthaltserlaubnis transfered at the start of this notice period or at the end of it? Again if the answer to (1) is (b) above, how will this work out then?

4. If I leave my current job anyways and take time to find another job:
a. How much time do I have before I should leave Germany without having a job?
b. Will I be eligible for any unemployment benefit during this period?

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Changing job on Aufenthaltserlaubnis
Answer
12/3/08 2:16 PM as a reply to Mayank Garg.
>>1. In the event I find job with another company, is the process of getting my current Aufenthaltserlaubnis to another company simple or complicated?

Lets say for now it is complicated

>>a. Is it like I just go to auslanderamt and get the transfer done myself?

No transfer is done, you have to apply for a new one

>>b. Or, is it like my new company should do it and that too after proving to the auslanderamt that no other german resident can replace me?

The Arbeitsamt may or maynot ask the company for proof.

>>2. If answer is (b) above, how much time does this take and during this time will I run the risk that the auslanderamt inform my current company about the same?

They dont contact your previous employer.

>>3. I will have to serve a notice period of about 2 months in my current company, in this case can I get my Aufenthaltserlaubnis transfered at the start of this notice period or at the end of it? Again if the answer to (1) is (b) above, how will this work out then?

Get the workpermit done for the new company and then resign. Once you get the workpermit you can delay the joining date accordingly.

>>4. If I leave my current job anyways and take time to find another job:
a. How much time do I have before I should leave Germany without having a job?

Will be decided by the case officer as you have to register in the Arbeitsamt as soon ys you leave the current job. And only a fool will resign in the present market situation, unless he has another job lined up.

>>b. Will I be eligible for any unemployment
benefit during this period?

Not for the first 3 months if you resign voluntarily
Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18