Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

NE AND Passport Retention

Toggle
NE AND Passport Retention
Answer
7/25/06 1:14 PM
Can someone suggest me whether the Auslander Amt needs to keep the passport before issuing the NE ? I have been told that they want to keep the passport for 3 weeks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: NE AND Passport Retention
Answer
7/25/06 1:19 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
In my case, they did not keep it. I applied 2 months before my Aufenthalterlaubnis expired. They told me to come on the day when I complete my 5 years in Germany, and on that day, I got my NE sticked on the passport. During all the process, the passport was with me.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/06 1:50 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
When I applied for NE, they gave me a kind of permit called Fiktionbescheinigung and did not keep the passport. I had to carry the passport + Fictionbescheinigung together after the green card validity was over. As per my knowledge ABH does not keep the passport for NE may be I am not right.

Regards
Bahadur Singh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/06 2:31 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
In my case they kept it for 3 weeks too. You don't have to worry. I applied in 73230 Kirchheim unter Teck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/06 4:34 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
<Can someone suggest me whether the Auslander Amt <needs to keep the passport before issuing the NE ? I <have been told that they want to keep the passport <for 3 weeks.

When some one apply for NE , and the process is not yet complete, usually there are two options. First one is that they give a Fiktionbescheinigung, valid for three months and this looks like the normal visa. They dont paste this on the passport. In this case they give the passport back. The charge is 20 Euros for issuing this.

Else they keep the passport and give you a receipt. I think you dont have to pay any thing in this case.When the visa is ready they will inform you.
0 (0 Votes)

NE or aufenthaltserlaubnis extension?
Answer
8/9/06 12:34 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
Sorry for posting my question here, but i don't know to innitiate New forum message. Sorry.

I got my NE couple a weeks ago, could somebody tell me what would be the procedure for wife & kids aufenthaltserlaubnis? My wife and kids have aufenthaltserlaubnis till October 2006. Will they be given NE directly?
Do they have to pass some German knowledge tests (my wife speaks no German)?
Or their aufenthaltserlaubnis will be just extended for year or two?

Thanks a lot!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/06 1:17 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
When I applied for GC in July 2001, they kept my passport.They gave me a paper containing all passport details. After 3 weeks they gave me GC and returned passport.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/06 1:21 PM as a reply to Deb Gupta.
You could have applied for an extension for your wife and kids when you applied for NE.

You could do it even now. Apply for normal extension for your wife and kids. Show your passport with NE.

Your wife and kids should get an extension (EG), enough to complete a total of 5 years stay. Usually they dont do any language test for normal extension.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott