Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse

Toggle
Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Mohan Lal 1/31/05 7:48 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Asian the Great 1/31/05 7:51 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Mohan Lal 1/31/05 8:02 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Mohan Lal 1/31/05 8:36 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Guvenc Gulce 1/31/05 11:53 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Asian the Great 2/1/05 11:51 AM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Mohan Lal 2/1/05 4:18 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Guvenc Gulce 2/1/05 4:28 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse kaushim bangalore 2/1/05 7:14 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Asian the Great 2/1/05 7:27 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Mohan Lal 2/1/05 9:25 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Asian the Great 2/2/05 11:05 AM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Fred Jeffry 2/2/05 3:32 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse iamin frankfurt 2/2/05 4:39 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Guvenc Gulce 2/2/05 4:41 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Fred Jeffry 2/2/05 4:59 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Indian the great 2/2/05 5:20 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Guvenc Gulce 2/2/05 5:26 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse rahul sharma 2/3/05 1:31 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Fred J 2/3/05 2:00 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse rahul sharma 2/3/05 2:17 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Mohan Lal 2/3/05 4:32 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Denis von Domikulic 2/3/05 5:58 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Guvenc Gulce 2/3/05 6:04 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Mohan Lal 2/3/05 7:09 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Guvenc Gulce 2/3/05 10:28 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Preethu S 2/8/05 4:32 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse kaushim bangalore 2/15/05 6:50 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse kaushim bangalore 2/15/05 7:03 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse H B 2/15/05 7:19 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Harshit Srivastava 2/15/05 8:48 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse H B 2/16/05 1:00 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Fred Jeffry 2/16/05 1:55 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse H B 2/16/05 2:19 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Fred Jeffry 2/16/05 3:02 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse H B 2/16/05 3:32 PM
Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse Mohan Lal 4/4/05 7:22 PM
Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse
Answer
1/31/05 7:48 PM
Hi,

I have an Indian origin and have German Passport. I have married in December 2004 with an Indian Girl living in India. We have applied
a Visa (family reunion) for her on 13.01.2005 at German Embassy in Delhi.
I live in Berlin and my wife will live also in Berlin. I have been told by German Embassy in Dehli that the file will be sent to Local Police office in Berlin
(Ausländerbehörde) in Berlin soon. I will get a letter from Local Police office in Berlin (Ausländerbehörde) to show my papers (work contract,
salary pay, rent contract etc.) in few weeks. Local Police office in Berlin (Ausländerbehörde) will send after viewing my papers their final ok to German Embassy in Delhi. My wife will get a letter from German Embassy Delhi that her Visa is ready. It should take all together 8-10 weeks.
Does somebody have experience? Can you give my some important tips or other important information.

It is more than 2 weeks over and I have heard nothing !

Thanks
Mohan
Email: colossal@gmx.de
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Family reunion visa for Indian Spouse
Answer
1/31/05 7:51 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Yes, the whole process takes 8-10 weeks. If you chase your local office regularly it can be done a bit faster.

Read the previous posts, i have posted all my experiences here last year.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/31/05 8:02 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Hi,
Thx for prompt reply. Do I need to translate
the marriage certificate in German?

Cheers
Mohan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/31/05 8:36 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
One another question:

which papers does need Local Police office in Berlin (Ausländerbehörde)? I have to arrange
'Führungszeugnis'?

Thx
Mohan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/31/05 11:53 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Mohan wrote:

Do I need to translate
the marriage certificate in German?

Well, as an alternative, you can try to teach the german officer your indian local language emoticon

I am sorry, I had to do this joke, when I read your question. No offence !

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/1/05 11:51 AM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
If you translate it, then the process would be faster. I guess, you can do that it on your own. In my case i did it in Goethe Chennai, and produced a copy of that here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/1/05 4:18 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Lacrima,

By the way, the marriage certificate is in English..not in local Indian Lanugage.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/1/05 4:28 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Mohan wrote

By the way, the marriage certificate is in English..not in local Indian Lanugage.

so what ? then you can teach the German officer English as an alternative of translating it to German? emoticon

ohh.. or do you think that every individual on earth should understand English ? oh, boy.. you are not living in an ex-british colony anymore..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/1/05 7:14 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Hello,

I am also facing the same problem. Can anyone suggest me how to get the marriage certificate legalized according to german spouse visa needs.

thanks
kaushik
0174-5476259
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/1/05 7:27 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Guys, if you are from india, you can get it done in any Goethe institut branches or in German chamber of commerce with their stamping in it. It costed 400 Indian rupees for me!! (I did it in chennai)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/1/05 9:25 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Hey, I am again in Germany. I will do marriage certificate translation in German. Any legalized tranlation office can attest it. It should be accepted in Germany. Or?

Mohan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/05 11:05 AM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
If you can do it on your own, you prepare the same as in English, and just produce it. You dont need any attestation, actually the attestation is not so imporant, i got it as a bonus. Produce the english and german version. That is enough.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/05 3:32 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
@lacrima:

"ohh.. or do you think that every individual on earth should understand English ? oh, boy.. you are not living in an ex-british colony anymore.."

You do give good advices, but at times your "jokes" are too sarcastic. Please avoid such comments.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/05 4:39 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Hello,

I am also facing the same problem. Can anyone suggest me how to get the marriage certificate legalized according to german spouse visa needs.

thanks
kaushik
0174-5476259

In my case, the officer in Germany asked the German Consulate in India to legalize the marriage certificate. I had to pay Rs. 8600 to the consulate for the same. The consulate then used the services of an agency for investigation. The agent came to my home town and asked the neighbours about us. And then he went to the office which issued the certificate to check the marriage register. In the end, he gave a positive report. After that my wife's visa was approved within a week. The whole process took about 2.5 months. I had to follow it up all the while with the consulate, ausländerbehörde and the investigation agency. It was a lousy process full of loopholes but the officer sitting here insisted on it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/05 4:41 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
fred wrote:
You do give good advices, but at times your "jokes" are too sarcastic. Please avoid such comments.

I can decide the amount of sarcasm in my comments by myself. If somebody else decides it, then they will not be by comments anymore. As long as they are not insults, I dont see a problem of mixing sarcasm to my comments. That is part of my writing style.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/05 4:59 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
@lacrima:

of course it sounds like an insult to Indians when you say:

"oh, boy.. you are not living in an ex-british colony anymore.."

Do you think we Indians feel proud to say that the British ruled & robbed us for 500 years????

And to go by your line, of course we live in an ex-british colony. Or did you think we are still under british rule?

Its always good to talk decently and maintain decorum in the forum.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/05 5:20 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Fred,

Lacrima did not mean India or Indians. First thing is India was not ruled by british for 500 years !! They ruled india approx 200 years.

Also, india was not only the country under british colony, there were few other countries like hongkong, singapore were under british rule.

Do not accuse someone, just because you have misunderstood something.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/05 5:26 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
That sentence of mine was fitting to the question of the original poster perfectly. That's why I wrote it and I dont regret having done so. He was mentioning to me that some document was in English and he was expecting this document to be accepted by the German authority without translation.

It could be very well possible for someone who is grown up in India to think that it is quite normal to receive documents in English and to present documents in English which is not quite normal in other non-English speaking countries.(This might have been caused in India for being a British Colony for long years.) so where is the insult ? a valid scenario and a valid warning mixed with sarcasm..

That sarcasm came, because I found the question of the original author rather naive and I had to react on it with my sense of humor. That is all actually.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/05 1:31 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Dear LAcrima,

Pl. understand that these German officials have lot of doubts and so when it comes to any (alien) language documents.So english is much more closer(or a french)to them and they might be more familiar with that or at least one of theri collegues in the buro.So that give them little more confidence.(not 100%)Secondly there are good jokes and ther are bad jokes.Normally the timing of the joke should be correct.
This Person (Mohan) seems to be very nervous and worries and you are making fun here.
Normally you are very knowledgeble and I have been reading your advices since long and I respect your infos.
Thirdly English is more or less the only international language in which every one (most) trioes to communicate or try to talk (as a third language.

To Mohan;

Your problem can be easy or difficult depending on your history(if you were ever married in germany or not/ divorced/timing of marriage in india e.t.c.).If this is notz the case then it will take 2-3 months for this reunion.
It would have been better to arrange a visa for marriage for the girl .(but it is too late now or is it?).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/05 2:00 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
@havehope:

what do you mean by:

"It would have been better to arrange a visa for marriage for the girl .(but it is too late now or is it?)"

What I feel is , as mohan has a German passport, maybe he could have brought his would-be on a tourist visa or alike and married her in Germany. Or better in Denmark?

Am I right?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/05 2:17 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
There is a special visa to be given if a German declares that he intends to marry that person in Germany.It take much lesser time than this family reunion.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/05 4:32 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Hi All,

Thanks for writing in.
Well! I agree with 'havehope'. I just ignore the messages from 'LAcrima'. I guess that she has lot of time to write such these. If a person
writes here in, means, he/she wants to know about some important points and doesn't want to follow the jokes (LAcrima, there are lot of site where
you can bring jokes / humour, pls not here).

I am not nervous or anything. I just want to prepare in advance (is it not better?). I have German Passport and everything is in work. I guess it is matter
of time, nothing else. I have written here in forum, to prepare the best and speed the best. Moreover it helps the others who have the same problem.

Please write also relevant points/answers/questions.

Nice day!

Mohan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/05 5:58 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
mohan now you are a dead man,
because lacrima is not she. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/05 6:04 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/05 7:09 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
DvD: It does't play any role..whether Lacrima is he or she???
Lacrima is loser..he/she has nothing to say.
Mohan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/3/05 10:28 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
@ mohan

Why are you attacking me now personally ? Take it easy.

Read my previous my posts in this thread, you will find there what I have to say. I have nothing to add and no time to lose with you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/8/05 4:32 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Hi Mohan
If you look in this website
http://www.germanembassy-india.org/en/willkommen/visa/fz.html

it mentions what kind of attestation and other documents in english / German u need ..

Hopefully it helps .
-Pree
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/05 6:50 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
To iaminfrankfurt

Member since 07/03/2004

In my case, the officer in Germany asked the German Consulate in India to legalize the marriage certificate. I had to pay Rs. 8600 to the consulate for the same. The consulate then used the services of an agency for investigation. The agent came to my home town and asked the neighbours about us. And then he went to the office which issued the certificate to check the marriage register. In the end, he gave a positive report. After that my wife's visa was approved within a week. The whole process took about 2.5 months. I had to follow it up all the while with the consulate, ausländerbehörde and the investigation agency. It was a lousy process full of loopholes but the officer sitting here insisted on it.

Can you tell me how you got the address of the agency and how do you track them. You can write me mail at mukherjee_kaushik@yahoo.com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/05 7:03 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
I am facing now same problem as mentioned by YO1 or iaminfrankfurt. If YO1 can just call me or can write me a mail so that i can get more information regarding spouse visa .

mail id :mukherjee_kaushik@yahoo.com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/05 7:19 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
This is the procedure that I followed. Didnt have much trouble.

Procedure for VISA application

* Marriage certificate
- Needs signature from 3 witnesses
* Register at Panchayat
- Get attested reciept
* Make copies of Certificate
- Attest it by Gazetted Officer
- This would be helpfull at the VISA office (incase we dont get one attested from the Ministery of External Affairs)
* Marriage Photos + Passport size Photos with pure white background (of spouse). Take only digital photo and adjust the background for pure white.
* Ministery of External Affairs
- Application to be submitted in white paper with Rs.10 revenue stamp. (for Attesting the Marriage Certificate)
- 2 Copies of the Marriage Certificate to be submitted
- Original Certificate needed for verification. Would be returned immediately.
- Would give a file no.
- Request to speed up. If possible request to give in hand for sending to Vigilance Office. (Needs influence)
* Vigilance Office (IG Office)
- would give a file no (different one).
- would then be sent to DySP office
- would be sent to Passport Police.
* Inform the Passport Police Officier
- Request to speedup the processing, when he recieves the files
- Would need the file no. from the "Ministery of External Affairs" and Vigilance office

The papers would be returned back to the "Ministery of External Affairs" through the same channel.
- Should check at each stage and push.
- When it reaches the "Ministery of External Affairs"
- Carry the original Marriage Certificate
- The Certificate would be Attested and returned by 3pm.
Once the Marriage Certificate to ready goto the VISA office
- fill the forms
- make copies
- carry all docs in original
- carry the photos
- make german translation of the Marriage Certificate from Max Muller Bhavan or other recogonized centers.

* Request Employer to fax the invitation letter to the consulate (on the previous day of your visit)
- carry the original invitation letter with you.
- the letter should contain:
- Your employment status (employed since, on green card since, gross salary)
- info about the appartment (the size)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/05 8:48 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Hello HB,

This procedure seem to be a very long one, do you have any idea about how long does it take to complete this process ? Is there any authorised agencies which can help in accelerating the whole process ?

St.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/05 1:00 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
I got the whole process done in 2 days (process of getting the official stamp on my marriage certificate).

With this marriage certificate, getting the visa was a breeze ... ;)

Another important point:

If you know who you are going to marry, submit the following docs at the Auslandersamt here before you go to your country for marriage. (Should be submitted at the section for your "would be" - First letter of second name of your "would be")

(copies in A4 size)
* Residence Permit
* Work Contract
* Appartment Contract
* Salary Slips - last 3

You should tell them that you would fax the marriage certificate to them after marriage, and that they should send the approval by fax to the German consulate at your place. You will have to pay some fees for this.

You will need the following docs at the German Consulate at your place:

(Original + 2 copies in A4 size)
* Passport
* Application Form (Original + 2 copies)
* Color photos with pure white background (Attached with each form)
* Residence Permit
* Work Contract
* Appartment Contract
* Salary Slips - last 3
* Marriage Certificate
* Birth Certificate of Spouse
* Invitation Letter from Husband (With complete German address, including postal code)
* Invitation Letter from Company (With complete address, including postal code)
* Translation of Marriage Certificate

HTH.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/05 1:55 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
@HB

You are talking about submitting the papers in the ABH in advance, right? Is this what they call "Vorabstimmung"?

Can you make clear what you mean by invitation letter from Company? How will they "invite" you when you already work there? Or do you mean that you get a letter from the employer stating that: " Mr so and so is working in the company since xxxx, resides in the following adress, and Brutto salary?

Regards,
Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/05 2:19 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Invitation letter is for the spouse. A letter from the company, inviting the employee's wife to Germany, is very usefull for speedy visa processing. Additionally the letter could contain your status. Something similar to this in German:

Mr. xxx has been working with us since xx.xx.xxxx under the GreenCard program ... His gross salary is xxxx p.a. ...

I had done this towards the end of last year. I am not sure if the new laws are different in this case. But I feel family reunion visa rules should not have changed. Some one please correct me if I am wrong.

HB.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/05 3:02 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Good.

I was just wondering how my employer would invite my wife. But I can surely give it a try. Please be kind enough and tell me for what purpose they invite my wife? I mean what should they write in it? Or what did "your employer" write in it?

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/05 3:32 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Ofcourse for staying together here in Germany as husband and wife ....

I dont have the letter with me right now ....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/4/05 7:22 PM as a reply to Mohan Lal.
Hello!

I didn't hear anything yet. Does anybody have such type of expierence, especially with Ausländerbehörde Berlin. Do you know any good Anwalt with specialisation Ausländerrecht in Berlin?

Thanks
Best regards,
Mohan
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7