Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Citizenship

Toggle
Citizenship
Answer
11/25/09 12:17 PM
Hi all,
last week I got the letter from Einbürgerungsamt that I can pick up my Einbürgerungsurkunde. Everything went fine and smooth. In fact I applied for the citizenship in June (completing my 8 years) and then after 5 month I got it... really without any problems or difficulties.
I then applied for passport and id card. they told me that it would take 3 to 4 weeks. Anyone has experience if 4 weeks is really the maximum limit? I am planning a vacation where I would need my german passport so the time it arrives is important. Could it for example take 6 weeks instead of 4 or is 4 weeks really the time.
Thanks guys!
Ze
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Citizenship
Answer
11/25/09 12:57 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Congrats and Welcome to the real 'Germany'.

If you want, you can apply for an 'Express Passport' which you should get within 3 days or the ordinary passport takes 3-4 weeks maximum. you should not expect a delay.

Regards and have fun crossing borders without any visas.. :-)

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/25/09 4:26 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hello,
I have also question related to same topic.
I have applied for my cancellation of old citizenship.It will take approx. 3 months.
1) My consulate will inform me when it cancelation is confirmed, I have to returned my passport at the time they will give me confirmation. At this time I will have no ID card and will be stateless? Do I have to apply for an ID card befor I go to Consulate for hadover my current pass?.
thnaks in advanced
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/25/09 5:01 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
>> Do I have to apply for an ID card before I go to Consulate for hadover my current pass?.

Fact is without getting your citizenship you cannot apply for ID card.

Doesnt matter if you are stateless for a few hours or a few days as the police will not put you in jail. Just show the cancellation letter and then it is no problem.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/26/09 6:47 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
@Zash
If you are travelling within Europe, you can get a temporary Ausweis, you get that in one day but might need an appointment. Otherwise as rajeshspg said the Express passport is the best solution.

@trust76

Once you handover your passport you become stateless and remain so for the intermediate period until you get your Einbuergerungsurkunde, it shouldn't take very long. If you need to travel in the meantime or require a travel document, there is a document that is given to people who are stateless, and which allows you to get in and out of Germany, however you might require visas for countries which you were previoudly allowed to travel freely.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reiseausweis_f%C3%BCr_Staatenlose
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/27/09 2:27 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi all
thanks for your replies. In fact, the Id card as well as the passport arrived in less than 2 weeks, so now I have them in my hand and there is no problem with travelling!
Thanks again and have a good weekend.
Ze
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Citizenship - Information
Answer
11/30/09 7:30 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
I have applied for Einbürgung and have two questions related to it.

1. After receiving letter from Einbürgsung personal. Do I have to cancel my Indian passport personally ?

2. How much time it take to cancel Indian passport.

SunLid
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/09 4:24 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Do I have to cancel my Indian passport personally ?

No. You just handover your indian passport to the handling officer in Einbürgerungsamt when u collect ur einbürgerungsurkunde. They'll do the rest. On the same day u cud apply for Ausweiss u. Reisepass.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/09 5:08 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
@xyxyxy

Thank you very much for giving the information !

SunLid
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/09 10:31 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Dear Friends,

I have an appointment on coming Friday (04.12.2009)to submit my Einbürgerungs application.I have prepared all the necessary documents but still confused what to write in "Begründungs des Antrages".

I would be thankfull for some valuable suggestions.

With regards,
Goutami
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/3/09 7:16 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
Hi all

Can some one tell me what documents are required to apply for German Passport?.

Where can I get information if I am eligible to apply for?

Or any one guides me. If I can apply?. I came to Germany in 2002 July. I did integration course for 4months intensive.

I did my master here. I am working for about 5years.

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks again
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/3/09 7:26 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
http://trust7faq.wik.is/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/09 11:54 AM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
passing borders without visas ?
real germany ?

Please do not create a world with illusions.

You need a visa for entering China as a real german citizen(whatever this means....) and you will be treated like a piece of *hit at the consulate in Frankfurt where you pay at least 60 euros for your 6 month China visa.

enjoy.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/09 8:23 PM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
What kind of confusion. It is well known that few passports are respected and accepted almost all over world and German passport is one of them and I think that was what he meant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_passport

Many countries issue visa on arrival and this number simply shrinks if you have other passport than Germany, US ++
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/09 1:06 AM as a reply to ziad Ashkar.
@goutami
Why do you want to become German, that's the real question you should ask yourself.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18