Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Employing an Au pair mädchen

Toggle
Employing an Au pair mädchen
Answer
10/12/11 1:29 PM
Hi,

Recently, I started searching for requirements to employee an au-pair mädchen for our family. I found a website which explains requirements in such a case. At least in Berlin it includes:

- One of the parents should be a German citizen
- The medium of communication/language with in the family should/must be German.

We see all the gates closed for employing a domestic help, which could also take care of our kid in Germany. The Kinderkrippe have a long waiting-list, nanny is too expensive to afford and they do not put hand in household work, au-pair seems to be a closed option too.

Anyone who had expereince in employing an affordable household help can please share his/her expereince.

Regards
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Employing an Au pair mädchen
Answer
10/13/11 3:27 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi Tony,

Rgearding the long waiting list in the Kita. If you are really interested in that service and you or your wife does not work, I would suggest to enroll into an integration course from a nearby VHS, that usually gives priority to foreigners asking for a kita place....at least it was my experience some years ago....

cheers
Ari
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3