Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Internet - please help!

Toggle
Internet - please help!
Answer
6/17/17 2:47 AM
Dear friends,
I have just landed in Germany (Jena) and am staying at a guest house for another 3 days, after which I will move to a rented apartment. The apartment does not have an internet connection so I am going to apply for one.
1. The internet service provider is asking for my bank account number, is that a norm in Germany? If not, are there some internet providers that do not take any account number while giving a connection?
2. I also will move to another city (Hamburg) after 4 months (travel is required by my job) and will stay there for another 4 months. But the internet service provider is asking for a contract of 24 months. Is it not possible to get a connection without contract? When I move to Hamburg, I have no choice but to give up my internet connection here. So will that attract penalty?

I am really at a loss because most of the internet provider websites are completely in German and I would be grateful to you for helping me outemoticon 
P.S. I really DO need internet for these 4 months so taking a connection when I reach Hamburg is not an option for me....
Plz help friends ....
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Internet - please help!
Answer
6/17/17 11:54 AM as a reply to Poorvi Jaya.
Hi and welcome in Germany!

You should 'google' 'Prepaid Internet' ! You will get many options and I am quite sure that some of the providers have English websites.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/18/17 6:37 AM as a reply to trust7.
Thank you for pointing out the prepaid internet option!
I forgot about that and was only searching for DSL!

I am going to get a prepaid plan for some time till I get the DSL set up.

For anyone searching for similar question, finally I have found one provider that offers FLEXI package, O2 (previously Alice), so that's great. (you only have to give them 4 weeks notice if you want to quit)

Though they will need 3 weeks to set up internet at my place, during which prepaid internet will be immensely helpful!

BR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/22 8:27 PM as a reply to Poorvi Jaya.
Awesome site i love it keep posting more   kitchen remodel augusta ga
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18