Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

How to apply for the work Permit? And how many days it will take to get it?

Toggle
Hi all,

This is my first posting in this forum so if i post my question in wrong forum please correct me.

Coming to background of my question: Currently I am doing my masters in Germany and I will finish my course in 1 month. I found job recently so now i need to apply for the work permit. I am planning to start working from 1st of December.

I have two questions in mind now.

1. How i need to approach for the work permit? it should be from my side or from my future employer?

2. If i apply for the work permit how many days it will take normally?

I am looking forward for your answers.

Cheers
Jai
0 (0 Votes)

Re: How to apply for the work Permit? And how many days it will take to get
Answer
10/26/05 2:21 PM as a reply to Maram Venkata Jai bharat reddy.
It is not realistic for you to start working from 1.12.2005. Recent experience from Munich shows that processing of the work-permit takes about two months. Shortest period I have heard of recently is two weeks.

Approach together with your employer your local "Ausländerbehörde" with your request and start the processing.

If you are ready to invest some money you can spare yourself & your company the hassle and let the experienced lawyer do this. "VPMK" lawyers which offer services via this site have proven their competence and can only be reccomended.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/05 2:47 PM as a reply to Maram Venkata Jai bharat reddy.
Hello Jai,

I fully agree with cedomir's comments.

1. How i need to approach for the work permit? it should be from my side or from my future employer?

Technically speaking, it should be from your future employer. If you are outside of Germany at the time of this work permit application, the company must do it. If you are in Germany the time being, then you can do it, too. For this technical issues talk to HR of your future employer or with VPMK lawyers.

The work permit is a paper from Arbeitsamt, it won't be a stick in your passport (according to the new Law taking effect after 01.01.2005). In your passport there will be only one stick, and it will be both your residence and work permit in Germany.

Regards,
Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/05 2:55 PM as a reply to Maram Venkata Jai bharat reddy.
Hi Jai,

From which place you are?

I applied for Visa in India on 17th Aug 2005 and today I received a call from them saying that it has been granted. Normally from india it takes 8-12 weeks.

There is "Arbeitsmarkt check" (Labour market check). Arbeitsagentur ( some labour authority in Germany) tries to find suitable person, authorised to work in germany, who can take your job. ( pretty scary, isn't it???? ) This process can take 4-6 weeks. Then there will be check for your records at auslaenderbehoerde ( some foreign authority) which takes 1-2 weeks. But all this period can vary and it is in NORMAL condition.

call up your regions German consulate and ask them the procedure for all this.

Best of luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/05 3:07 PM as a reply to Maram Venkata Jai bharat reddy.
@samdcha,

Normally from india it takes 8-12 weeks.

I think this is typical for all non-EU countries. This "wait period" exists for years. Yes, GCler were very lucky!

Then there will be check for your records at auslaenderbehoerde ( some foreign authority) which takes 1-2 weeks.

My eagerness: It this check right after Arbeitsagentur(*) and before you come to Germany or after you have come to Germany?

Regards,
Klenze17.

(*)Arbeitsagentur = new name for Arbeitsamt
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/05 3:39 PM as a reply to Maram Venkata Jai bharat reddy.
Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions and replies.

What i have concluded from your posts is below:

1. I can apply for the work permit in with the help of HR department of my future employer. (As i have valid visa to stay in Germany).

2. About duration i can see from your replies it will take 15-60 days. So i have question here is it possible to influence this process? If yes where (i mean in which office)? and how?
3. My future employer is reputed company is this matter for the work permit process?

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Cheers
jai
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/05 4:54 PM as a reply to Maram Venkata Jai bharat reddy.
Hi Jai,

From your name it looks like you are also from India.

I can apply for the work permit in with the help of HR department of my future employer. (As i have valid visa to stay in Germany).

Yes, you can do that. Arbeitsagentur/Arbeitsamt/AA issues a work permit. It goes to Auslanderbehoerde/ABH then ABH issue a residence permit. If your employer has already posted the job position with AA then your waiting period can reduce drastically, they can immediately give work permit or clearance. Once you get this clearance from employer, attach it with your visa application form and submit it to consulate responsible for your region.

is it possible to influence this process? If yes where (i mean in which office)? and how?

i don't think that it can be influenced. but in my case a follow up with authorities by my employer, helped. (still it took 10 weeks) some here in this forum told me that it may get on nerves of authorities. god only knows.

My future employer is reputed company is this matter for the work permit process?

I don't think it would help... I'm sure about it.
as i said it would only help, if they have already published the job description with AA and already started looking some person for the position and some time has alerady been spent in it.
do visit
http://www.chennai.diplo.de/en/Formulare__RK/Visa/download__visa__arbeitsaufnahme,property=Daten.pdf

also to mention, they need invitation letter from your employer (which could be simple mail print out or printout of some scanned copy, fax copy)
They need the job description if you don't have AA clearance. Also they need exact 2 copies of application.

Best of luck...

@Klenze17:
They do check if you have any polizei record, any wanted international criminal, or may be a terrorist ;)
They checked my last visit records with respective ABH
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/26/05 5:50 PM as a reply to Maram Venkata Jai bharat reddy.
hi samdcha,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Your correct I am from India, but in my case i am presently in Germany from 2 years I am doing my masters. I have valid resident permit also. So i think i don’t need to apply from India for work permit.

i will take your suggestions into consideration and act accordingly.

Thanks,

cheers
jai
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7