Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Some help please... How to get NE?

Toggle
Some help please... How to get NE?
Answer
11/3/05 10:56 AM
Hello everyone. Hope everyone here is having a nice time in Germany. Well I would like to explain my case so that if someone has any suggestion please reply to thispost.

My name is Tony (I come from Mexico)and Im a GC holder since April 2002. That means that my GC is due to expire in April 2007. Im in a position now where I would like to start thinking on what to do in the future with my work, and frankly I would love to stay at my current work. I would like to get my NE as soon as possible. Last summer I went to the Auslandsamnt to renew my resident permit until March 2007, I asked the lady (who has been so far nice to me) when would be the "right" time to ask about the Ne and she said taht we should talk about it in January 2007 itself. That gives me a little bit the creeps because Ive got then only like roughly 3 months before I get kicked out of the country in the worst case scenario. The thing is the following. The facts are:

-Ive got a 5 years (til April 2007) contract at my company.
-I know that there is enough projects and planning for me in the future and they want me to stay.
-Ive asked Personal Abt. about a renewed time unlimited contract, but in order to offer this they need me to have a NE (is this true?)And I think in order to get the NE I need to prove that Ive got and unlimited contract. Kind of an endless loop.

So after this boring intro and long post I would like to ask the following:

1-When would you say is ther right time to do the NE?
2-Which law and paragraph(link or pdf) should I take with me when I sit down with my boss, PA and Auslansamnt?
3-What do I need to bring with me or have as a basis to get the NE in my situation?

That will be all I think. Thank you very much to all the people that reply regullarly, you guys really make a difference to us with your experience. Also congrats to everyone that has got already a NE! I hope that I can get it before 2007. Thanks in advance and Ill be looking forwrad to reading your replies ;)

Gracias
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Some help please... How to get NE?
Answer
11/3/05 1:43 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
1-When would you say is ther right time to do the NE?, as she told you, 3 months is already ok, even if some people like me where like "yeah, come 2 days before the end of your visa", but 3 months is the most common time for that.

2-Which law and paragraph(link or pdf) should I take with me when I sit down with my boss, PA and Auslansamnt?, for what, for the unlimited contract? None, just ask him and tell him that for NE, you need the unlimited contract, which in fact is not really a requirement per law, it is enough that your company says that you're in an ungeküdigter position.

3-What do I need to bring with me or have as a basis to get the NE in my situation?, for this, I will ask you to search the forum, they're a couple of posts which talks about that.
But again, this is a request I would like to do to Detlef, could we have a special FAQ where we could already give answers to questions like this one so that people won't have to ask for them again? I can dedicate some of my time to fill the section.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Some help please... How to get NE?
Answer
11/3/05 2:13 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
Thanks NoBody for your reply!!! And I agree that a FAQ will help the newbies like myself. Thnaks for your time again ;)

And on the second point I meant what do I need to bring to the Auslandsamnt emoticon

Thank you very much, any other ideas to the rest?

Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18