Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Travelling to UK: Health insurance

Toggle
Travelling to UK: Health insurance
Answer
11/2/09 7:03 PM
Hi,

I will be visiting UK for a short holidays this month. I would like to know if i need any further insurance or my german health insurance is valid over there in UK? I already cross checked with my insurance (BKK) and they said the insurance is surely valid european wide but it's better if i have a private Zusatzversicherung.

It would be great if anyone can provide me his/her inputs/advices. I am just going for 10 days with my family (wife and a kid 3 Yrs old).

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Fargo
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Travelling to UK: Health insurance
Answer
11/2/09 11:27 PM as a reply to fargo gagoi.
For 10 days you should not worry. BKK is good enough.

If you are a hypochondriac or you think anyone of you can fall very sick, then you can apply for additional rider from travel insurance, which could be repatriation in air ambulance to bundes hospital.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/3/09 2:24 AM as a reply to fargo gagoi.
you should inform your health insurence that you are going to uk for X days/weeks & then its ok.

Normally health insurences from Germany cover all over the europe, but you have to inform them previously about your visit too.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/2/10 7:33 PM as a reply to fargo gagoi.
Sorry for coming back so late. I did travel to UK in mid-November without any private insurance. My BKK insurance was all valid in UK and i had no troubles whatsoever. Even I met some of my friends in UK (who were earlier in Germany) and they confirmed that I don't need any additional insurance and my health insurance from Germany is all valid.

Thanks for your replies.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18