Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Dependent visa Duration

Toggle
Dependent visa Duration
Answer
4/11/05 4:48 PM
I have submitted for German dependent visa in New delhi (India) consulate on 16 march 2005 for my wife.The consulate informed that it is going to take 3 months minimum.Is there anyway that this process can be sped up.This is lot of time for dependent visa!!!I am already holding a Green card and sent them all proper documents including invitation letter from my company
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Dependent visa Duration
Answer
4/11/05 6:04 PM as a reply to Gaurav Rai.
Hi,
your submitted documents will be sent to the place where you live in germany. then they will be verified, if everything is ok then your wife will receive a call from consulate in four weeks itself . other wise if have any queries they wil let you know . most probably you will get any kind of reply with in 4 weeks .
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/05 12:55 PM as a reply to Gaurav Rai.
You can get this process done in 7-8 weeks max, by this time if you start approaching your local ABH. In some cases, the ABH might need some more documents from you and they take their sweet own time to intimate you by post. If you approach them now, you will know the status here itself. For example, in my case, when i approached there, they asked me to produce my rental contract and one other certifcate from SCHUFA to declare that i m not a bankrupt here (crazy). I got these documents and submitted on the next day and i could get the visa done one week after the submission.

Regards, Asian
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/13/05 2:01 PM as a reply to Gaurav Rai.
it is absolute crazy system.

Your application is sent with a normal post of the embassy to a place in Bonn/ Berlin / Koln (Central place 9. I do not remember. From there the application letter is posted to various ABH as applicable.. Agian ABH send its ok via the same route to Embassy in India. The whole procedure takes 4 weeks minimum.

2 points are important

a) Indian Embassy sends the application on time
b) ABH sends its ok on time.

Now how to expedite.

Get the copy of your application in India and show it to your ABH and then get an ok faxed to indian consulate. If your lucky try and get the copy of this fax and give it to your wife in India She can go to the consulate and get the visa done.

Other wise try to call german consulate from here .
and inform them about the fax that ABH has sent and on which fax number. Try to take the right fax number from the consulte and give it to ABH .
Which consulate are u applying (Wjich city)?
PS: If you have applied for this visa together with your GC it would have taken 2 days.

ALL THE PEOPLE who are thinking to have new born babies in India all of you will face same problems .
All the best.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18