Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa Issuance after Local Verification

Toggle
Hi All,

My wife has applied for a visa to join me here. I got the papers okayed from AB. The officer told me that he has faxed the approval to the Chennai (India) consulate some ten days back. My wife is yet to hear from the consulate. Can anyone share his/her experience about how much time it will take after getting the approval from here, specially in the Indian context.

Thanks,
Arun
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Visa Issuance after Local Verification
Answer
1/3/05 8:13 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Call Chennai Consulate to know the status.
it hardly takes 10 days by the time your wife gets the post (but, it depends on how fast the postal dept. is)
If ABH had faxed the papers then you will get good response from Chennai ie., they will ask your wife to come down for stamping (atleast it was so, in my case)
if ABH sent it via post then it definitely need some time (it's not that common for ABH to send fax, unless you requested them to do so)

Good luck and Cheers
Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/4/05 11:56 AM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Thanks Raghu for the info. I had asked ABH to fax as it would speeden up the process. The officer also agreed and also faxed it. I will enquire with the Chennai consulate to know the status.

Thanks again.
Arun
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/4/05 6:53 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
hi arun,
i would advice your wife to go the consulate and enquire the status.
i too faced a similiar case recently.
last week i was in the auslander amt to enquire about the visa for my new born baby. they informed me that they had sent a fax and email to new delhi consulate on 22nd of december.
i informed my wife about this and when she enquired at the consulate they told her that the fax is missing. and when i went to the local Aus Amt, they told me that they cant do anything more than this. Finally the delhi consulate called the people over here, confirmed the verification and issued the visa immediately.
so better ask your wife to go to the consulate asap.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/05 7:14 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
chandra, thanks for the info. I will ask my wife to contact the consulate asap on this one.

Thanks,
Arun
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/05 5:58 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
@Arun:

Any updates?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/05 6:20 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Hi,

I had the same problem. I called to chennai consulate and asked about my papers, some lady told me that ur wife will get a letter from us.But she also told me that "You can ask your wife to come here without that letter also".
my wife gone to consulate without that letter and she got stampped.
so its better to call chennai office and findout your papers status.
if you have any further querie you can mail me
chaganti74@yahoo.com.

thanx
CSReddy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/05 6:59 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Hello
i would like to share my personal experience. My Hubby is working here in Germany . we got married in Feb2003 and i applied for visa in june first week after completing my studies.Till then everbody had experience that visa is issued within day ot two. But i got letter saying "You will be informed later. It may take several weeks". I was coufused. so after one week we started enqueries from here and there.After one month my Hubby came to know that papers are sent back since 8-9 days from here. After full 1 and 1/2 month later i got letter from embassay that you can come with letter and Passport and collect your visa. All others whom i know , who came later experienced same. Actually it takes this much time as they have not only one visa application to process and also they have to verify every fact about you here(like you can afford her living, Your rental Contract, health Insurance,and all other facts you provied are true).
They do also Verify some facts in India regarding correctness of your marriage Certificate etc.
So don't worry, your wife will get Visa letter soon. All the Best.
By the How much time is already Gone?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/05 5:36 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Hi All,

My wife got the letter and has arrived in Germany. It took 2 months in total. Thanks to everyone for the replies.

bye
Arun
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/05 6:10 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Hi Arun,

Congrats on your family reunion.All the Best.
I am a GC working in germany and planning to get married in May in Trichy. I have read lot of Good information from this forum on the procedure for the spouse reunion visa. I find that the marriage certificate has to be Attested by Home Department in the state (TamilNadu) and then has to be Attested by MEA,patiala House Delhi.

I am not clear Getting Attested by Home Department in the state i.e whom to approach or what should be done. As you are from chennai can you please tell me your experience in this step.

I will be thankfull too for anybody's expereinces in this regard from Tamilnadu ...

Thanks
rob28
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/05 6:46 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Hi Chandra,

Did you recently apply for visa for your newly born baby? What was the status of it?
Iam intrested to know bcoz I too applied 1 week back for visa for our newly born baby in India.
One question is is my Presence is necessary here
in Germany (for enquiry from local autthorities)
at the time of visa processing for my Child.
Bcoz My wife applied last week in Chennai and Iam travelling to India in Mid Febraury.

So is my Presence is here required?

I will be very greatfull to you if you can give me the information

Surya
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Message to Chandra regarding Visa Issuance after Local Verification
Answer
1/26/05 7:20 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Hi Chandra,

Did you recently apply for visa for your newly born baby? What was the status of it?
Iam intrested to know bcoz I too applied 1 week back for visa for our newly born baby in India.
One question is is my Presence is necessary here
in Germany (for enquiry from local autthorities)
at the time of visa processing for my Child.
Bcoz My wife(she already has visa) applied last week in Chennai for visa for our baby and Iam travelling to India in Mid Febraury.So I fear I wont be available here if some enquiry comes in Germany.

So is my Presence is here required?

I will be very greatfull to you if you can give me the information

Surya
0 (0 Votes)

Local Verification- Family Reuion Visa
Answer
3/21/06 11:54 AM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
Dear All,

My wife applied for her visa recently, the consultate informed that she would first be sent a letter for verification. She applied at Delhi consulate

Please let me know how much time does this verification takes and what all is verified during the process.

Appreciate sharing of any experience.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/21/06 12:09 PM as a reply to Arun Balagopal.
@mukuld

The procedure from German Embassy, Delhi is different from Chennai, as they sent the paper directly to the Ausländerbehörde and then they decide how to proceed for the verification. Have got your Marriage certificate attested by MEA Patiala House New Delhi? As they want some verification for your Marriage Certificate. It takes about 2 months, if everything goes fine to get the visa stamped.

regards,
Peacy
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3