Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Applied for NE in Bonn!

Toggle
Applied for NE in Bonn!
Answer
2/1/07 6:25 PM
Hello Dear Friends,

Greetings!

I have applied for NE in Ausländerbehörde Bonn on last January 23rd 2007. The lady in charge said that i fulfil all the conditions and am eligible for NE. emoticon She further said that the whole processing including the Security Checks might take around 4-to-6 weeks.

I also requested her that i would also like to apply for "Daueraufenthalt-EG" (since i am in Germany since July 2001), but she said D-EG is only for the Europeans!! I tried to convince her alot that D-EG is for foreigners as well and anyone can have this if a person fulfils: (1.) all the conditions for NE (only to get NE) and (2.) 60 months paid Rentenversicherungen (to get NE and D-EG), but she was not at all convinced!! May be next time i will go with some printouts stating about granting D-EG to foreigners.

By-the-way, do someone has idea what do they normally check in the security checks for NE (or for D-EG)? Do someone has personal experience (exclusively in Bonn) how much *real* time does it takes to finally get or to process NE?

Thanx in advance.

Cheers! Jeetesh.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: NE Vorsprache!
Answer
2/21/07 12:27 PM as a reply to Jeetesh N. Gurnani.
Hello friends,

Can anyone share with me what exactly do the Auslaenderbehoerde asks in the personal interview at the time of giving NE? I mean, what sort of themes/Q&A i should study or what prepations i have to make before going for a NE vorsprache? Do anyone know some websites where i can find the related stuff?

Can someone throw some light on the same and reply to this message as soon as possible as on coming Friday I have an appointment with them.

Anticipating a fast reply and thanking you all in advance.

Regards emoticon.

Jeetesh.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Applied for NE in Bonn!
Answer
2/21/07 12:50 PM as a reply to Jeetesh N. Gurnani.
"what sort of themes/Q&A i should study or what prepations i have to make before going for a NE vorsprache?"

None !

I dont know why you guys are so nervous for ABH-Appointments. For NE the laws are clear.(See AufenthG §9*) If you have a right(Anspruch) to get it(means you fulfill the requirements mentioned in §9), then you get it. In such cases the decision is not at the discretion of the ABH-Officer. It is simply irrelevant what you talk to the ABH-Officer during the appointment. Just try to be nice, smile, make an effort to talk in German(as you came to Germany before 1.1.2005, even the German language is not a requirement for NE)
It will be a simple smalltalk probably, unless you declare there you are member of a terroristical organization or insult the officer or smt , then as I said, what you say and talk is actually irrelevant.

Regards,

Lacrima

*http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/aufenthaltsg.html#9
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/07 1:34 PM as a reply to Jeetesh N. Gurnani.
Hi Lacrima,

Thanx alot for your feedback.

Although i am not tensed or afraid of these ABH-guys, but i just wanted to know (in general) what do they ask so that the impression is good on to them! ;)

Anyways, i will give some feedback on Friday mittags as soon as my meeting with them gets over.

Cheers! Jeetesh.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/07 3:11 PM as a reply to Jeetesh N. Gurnani.
Jeetesh wrote in his original post:
I also requested her that i would also like to apply for "Daueraufenthalt-EG" (since i am in Germany since July 2001), but she said D-EG is only for the Europeans!!

Because Daueraufenthalt-EG wrt. European Council Directive 2003/109/EC has not been implemented in the German laws (especially in AufenthG), the officials at Ausländerbehördes confuse Daueraufenthalt-EG with FreizügG/EU ( http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/freizuegigkeitsgeu.html ). Some other offices started to give this permit although there is no binding law.

In case the officials say you that it is only for Europeans, they definitely know only about FreizügG/EU. This law is only for EU citizen. They do not know Council Directive 2003/109/EC yet.

Take a print of Council Directive in German:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32003L0109emoticonE:HTML

(It there is a smile icon in the link, replace it with ":" and "D" )

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/07 12:58 AM as a reply to Jeetesh N. Gurnani.
I remember a discussion a few months ago here that the D-EG was was put into practice into all german states except of Bavaria and BW (or so).
Anybody has news on this one if the things changed here?
Another thing:

I am planning to apply soon for NE should I ask for the "european NE" at the same time or first make sure I get this one and then go again?

How much time in advance should I do that in Munich? I plan to do it 3 months in advance, or?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott