Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Do visa office contact old employer

Toggle
Do visa office contact old employer
Answer
9/24/08 3:11 PM
Hi,
I work in Germany with a IT company. now I have received an offer from another company in another city. I plan to resign once my work permit gets approved. Till that time I do not want to inform my employer. But I have a fear whether the visa office while processing the application of work permit which ahs been submitted by the new company will contact my current employer, if that ahppens then it would be a problem for me. Any one has such experience.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Do visa office contact old employer
Answer
9/24/08 3:14 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Helo,

The visa office while procesing your application they dont try to contact the old employer. If they got some query they only contact your new employer.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/08 4:58 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
I am surprised!!
whats the problem if you resigned. You seem already made your mind to join the new company.

Imagine what will happen if your new employer knows that you havnt resigned from you current job but have accepted the offer??

It is illegal to be committed to two companies at the same time until unless comapnies allow to do so.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/08 5:11 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
My new company is aware that I will resign after getting my new work permit approved, thats what I had cleared them before signing the offer. This I did because in case there are problems in approval and if I have resigned, then I am loosing both the jobs. At the same time I am not working in 2 companies, I have signed the work contract for the new company and I can only work with them if they get my new WP. But if I resign now, my current company visa gets expired immediately and then i have to leave Germany. I think this is legal and is followed by many professionasls here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/08 2:05 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Don't worry, the visa office normally doesn't contact your old employer, as senamb has already pointed out. I had gone through this phase myself and believe me, it was pretty cool. Only that it takes sometime. In my case, it took nearly 9 weeks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/08 7:32 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
lrosy10, your case is quite normal, and if you have new contract signed, then you absolutely no need to worry about anything. The Visa Office will not contact your current employer, even if they do, nothing can happen, because you have a new job, and your new employer is obliged to assit you for work permit approval. You should only take care of the resignation notice period(Kündigungsfrist) with your current employer. If visa office or old employer makes problems then you should know, you can always sue them, and normally they know it in advance, therefore they don't put stones in ones way.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott