Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Dependent's Working Permission Rules

Toggle
Dependent's Working Permission Rules
Answer
12/7/08 2:16 AM
Hallo All,

Can any one help me with the information regarding the procedure and Rules that a dependent can get working permission. My situation is as follows:
My wife joined me 10 months back and she is on Dependent status as she was a working Engineer before our marriage and now she want to work. I am here working in Germany for last nearly 2 years with Aufenthaltserlaubnis status.

Thanks In advance.

Cheers,
KHE
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Dependent's Working Permission Rules
Answer
12/8/08 2:56 PM as a reply to vijay atmakuri.
I was in a similar situation, and can give you my personal interpretation and understanding of the law and procedure.

For your wife to work here there are 3 cases:

1-If you have NE
2-If you have BE
3-If you lived together in Germany as married for at least 2 years.

In all 3 cases she needs to find a job first, and then apply for a work permit (For NE, it could work without work permit, not sure here)

I guess option 2 is the most suitable for you, so I suggest that you apply for BE if you didn't do this yet, and then go from there...

Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/08 3:11 PM as a reply to vijay atmakuri.
If your wife has BE, then she can work directly.

Generally if you get BE, dependents will also get BE (depends on beamter).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/08 3:19 PM as a reply to vijay atmakuri.
I have to disagree with guntha.

Even if a person has BE, his wife/her husband doesn't automatically get BE. This is a fact, and there is no law that says otherwise.

But she's allowed to work however with a work permit once she finds a job.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/11/08 3:57 PM as a reply to vijay atmakuri.
Hello,
This is a very basic question but I always read NE and BE status here. What BE and NE means?
Thanks.
W
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/08 7:16 PM as a reply to vijay atmakuri.
Hallo Folks,

Thanks for your information.

I don't have NE so I believe the procedure for my wife to get a work permit is (what I have understood)

- First get a job and get an Job offer letter
- go to Beamter and ask to give an Aufenthaltserlaubnis
- Once the VISA is changed then I believe she can work.

Correct me if my understanding is not correct.

Cheers,
KHE
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/08 11:31 PM as a reply to vijay atmakuri.
wildflower asks:

This is a very basic question but I always read NE and BE status here. What BE and NE means?

Hi Wild flower,

NE is abbrevation for Niederlassungserlaubnis (unlimited residence permit). As soon as a foreigner gets this permission, he or she has unlimited work and residence permit in Germany. There are many information on internet and in these forums how such a permit can be taken.

BE is abbreviation for Beschäftigung Erlaubt (no restriction which kind of job you can take). In most cases a foreign gets work permission only in one branch. For example, IT sector. This is a work permit and it can be limited.

So the formula is:

normal residence/work permit < BE < NE < citizenship.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/08 3:22 PM as a reply to vijay atmakuri.
- First get a job and get an Job offer letter
- go to Beamter and ask to give an Aufenthaltserlaubnis
- Once the VISA is changed then I believe she can work.

Once your wife has a job offer, and a contract in hand, the employer should fill out some additional paper(s), Stellenbeschreibung. Your wife should go to the Foreigner's office and present those documents along with her CV and all certificates and degrees that might be helpful.

It's not easy (Some job categories are restricted to Germans and EU members since there are so many unemployed in those categories), The foreigner's office will need 4 to 6 weeks to process the case, and will contact the Labor's office which will have the final say on whether your wife is allowed to take that offer or not.

If the answer is positive, your wife will receive a work permit, and her aufenthaltserlaubnis can be then changed.

Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/08 8:36 PM as a reply to vijay atmakuri.
Thanks klenze17 for the kind reply.
I arrived here in Germany few weeks ago and was given famillienzumamenfurung for 3 months. We went to ABH day after I arrived for my residence visa application and I wonder what kind of visa they will give to me. dependent ? NE ? or BE ? I am a German wife and husband has a stable job. I left my job in an international company before I joined my husband and now I like to work again.

Thanks.
W
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/08 9:32 PM as a reply to vijay atmakuri.
You are married to a german. So you will get Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet, which mean you can work anywhere, anyjob and can also open your own business.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/16/08 10:13 PM as a reply to vijay atmakuri.
Thanks Raj. Today, we were at ABH and I will get my paper on December 23, that I can work anywhere.
Regards,
W
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/08 1:04 PM as a reply to vijay atmakuri.
Yes, I am even allowed to put up my own business. and I am interested to do. Can anyone suggest interesting business proposal I can start ? or maybe business partner?

Thanks.
W
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/08 1:24 PM as a reply to vijay atmakuri.
>>Can anyone suggest interesting business proposal I can start ? or maybe business partner?

When it comes to business, please do it alone when possible and with your own ideas and strengths and importantly money. You can come up with a business proposal and then you can discuss the pro's and con's of your idea here.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott