Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work Permit Rule for Spouce of GC ??

Toggle
Work Permit Rule for Spouce of GC ??
Answer
5/10/05 1:17 PM
Is there any change in the spouse work permit rule based on the new regulation ?? Can anyone provide me with the details on this. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work Permit Rule for Spouce of GC ??
Answer
5/11/05 3:01 PM as a reply to Sanjeev Paul.
Hi all,
im also searching for written laws or regulations on Work Permit for Spouse of a GC.
Anyone with an idea on where to get this pls. help!!

Links on New or Old Law are both are welcome
(i.e Before Jan 2005 or after Jan 2005-Zuwanderungsgesetzt)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/11/05 6:07 PM as a reply to Sanjeev Paul.
Myname, Paulsanjeev Hello

Well, the best thing I can suggest you both is to use the search function of this web.

There was hundreds of post of the spouse visum. Try search "wife" "spouse" ans so on and you will see.

Before the new law, a spouse of a GC cannot work in the first year of his stay in Germany. After a first year, if she/he could find a job, the employer have to fill a form and present it at the Arbeitsamt (AA). The AA checked the market and if everything was OK, the spouse recived the "Arbeitserlaubnis" to do that job.

Nowadays the only place you can start the paperwork is the Auslanderbehörde (ABH). I think (not 100%) nowadays there is not forbidden that a spouse work in the first year but the need of an employer before start the tramit remains.

The best way is allways to ask in the ABH of your town because sometimes (more than usual) the criteria of each ABH can vary from town to town.

Make a little search and later we continue with this discussion
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/12/05 2:38 PM as a reply to Sanjeev Paul.
Hi YO1,

thanks for the tip. I have searched the Forum and found info (old Law)which i think will be helpful while applying for the spouse Workpermit. I dont think the new law has completely nullified the regulations in the old law. More so my wife came during the period of the old Law. If you have info.on how the Spouse Workpermit is given according to the new law then let us know, Othewise in my case I will go to the Ausländerbehorde to ask for My Wife's Workpermit (based on the regulations provided in the Old Law)
I will share with you my experience afterwards!

Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/12/05 2:55 PM as a reply to Sanjeev Paul.
Sorry Myname

Forget the old law. Doesn´t matter when your wife came. You will apply after 1.1.05 ==> you are under the new law. That´s the way the things are.

But some things doesn´t changed:

1. Surely your wife has to find an employer
2. You have to ask in the ABH for a form for her
3. The employer have to fill the form and sign
4. The paperwork must go to the ABH and they internally (here is the difference) will contact AA and later will call you

There was a kind of hole in the old law that some of us used to get a workpermit without searching for a prospective employer for our wifes, but this is not there anymore.

Good luck and let us know your progress!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott