Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

US Visa application at Berlin

Toggle
US Visa application at Berlin
Answer
10/21/08 4:22 PM
Hello Everybody,

I am Indian working in Germany for the last 4 yrs for a German company. My employer wishes me to travel to US for a few days to attend a special training conducted by one of our vendors. The consulate officer in Berlin, for some reasons, didn’t seem to be convinced with my application, although I had produced all relevant documents, including the official invitation letter from our vendor in US and a special letter from my company. He asked me to provide him with my CV (which was pretty surprising to me) and since I wasn’t obviously carrying one, he asked me to mail it to US Consulate in Berlin. He mentioned that they will be rechecking my application and my CV, before they are able to come to any conclusion. Besides, this checking process could take up to 6 weeks!!

I had been to US few times before (directly from India), so I wonder what could be the reason for this indecision that too for a few days B1 visa. Could anyone kindly share his/her experiences and provide me with any suggestion that could help my case in anyway.

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: US Visa application at Berlin
Answer
10/21/08 4:40 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
The beauty of US Visas is that the process is completely illogical. Dont look too much for any reasoning from their side as there doesnt exist any. Just provide the required document and hope you get the visa. As far as i see it, you have provided all the necessary documents to justify your request.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: US Visa application at Berlin
Answer
10/26/08 2:06 PM as a reply to Santanu Kundu.
If you are looking for the contact data of the US embassy in Berlin you will find all contact data in here.

http://www.greencard-kostenlos.de/us-botschaften-in-deutschland/

Good luck!
Greetings from Munich,
Daniel
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18