Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Marriage certificate legalization?

Toggle
Marriage certificate legalization?
Answer
6/9/10 12:49 AM
Hello All,

This is my first post here...I recently applied for a residence permit for me and my family at the German Consulate in the US. I was told I need a legalized copy of the marriage certificate from India. My spouse name is already there in my passport and am not sure why they need the legalized copy of the marriage certificate. I asked the visa officer on what the process is to get the legalization, she asked me to get in touch with the German embasssy in India. I have sent many emails to the embassy in India, there is no response and they don't answer phones also.. Can anybody point me to what exactly is the process. Do we also need birth certificates legalized also, even though they did not ask me this at the time of the visa appoinment, I would get that ready if needed at the alien office upon arrival in Germany. Please suggest..

Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Marriage certificate legalization?
Answer
6/9/10 12:11 PM as a reply to Y K.
Do you have Govt registered marriage certificate,then you can also get legalized from indian consulate at U.S. if possible try to attest the certi with any german authoritiy..

Govt registered certificate is mandatory.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/9/10 3:32 PM as a reply to Y K.
Ask your employer to speak to the alien office in Germany which is handling your file and try for an exemption.

Call the German consulate nearest to your place of marriage and tell them that your marriage certificate needs to be verified. You will need to enclose a DD and the certiifcate and send it them.

Birth certificate not required.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/9/10 4:13 PM as a reply to Y K.
If the case as mentioned by Stutt...then you have to pay 15000 RS and also details regarding the proof of marriage (certi,photos, bills etc..) and you have to wait for 8-12 weeks for investigation done by agency.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/9/10 11:31 PM as a reply to Y K.
Thank you very much for your suggestions! I have the govt. registered certificate. I will contact the Indian embassy and see if they will attest it as a first step..

Thank you!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18