Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Do I have to visit Embassy in Munich

Toggle
Do I have to visit Embassy in Munich
Answer
3/28/12 3:50 PM
Hi,
I live in north of BW and due to my passport expiry date approaching, I need to get it renewed.

Since my marital status is changed, do I need to visit embassy with my wife to sign an affidavit (as written on their website) or simply the self-attested certificate is sufficient?

Why I am asking on this form?
- I called embassy in Franfurt if they could transfer my case their as Munich is too far from here but they denied. Writing to consulate was not fruitful as till date I have not received any reply from him. Although I was told that I need not visit Munich embassy personally and can simply send papers by post.

- I called Munich embassy and was told the same but when I told them what was written on their website, the lady on phone was confused and ask me to write to consulate again.

Anyone has let it done? I want to avoid taking my wife and kid along with me, travel 350 kms to submit application.

Regards
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Do I have to visit Embassy in Munich
Answer
3/28/12 4:14 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
In case you just need to add your spouse name during the renewal and all other details remain same it is not required to visit personally. you can apply through post and send along the copy of marriage certificate. I got it done for me last month at Munich through post.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/28/12 7:38 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Thanks. That gave me some relief.

I had few more questions regarding the same. May be you can recall:

- On their website the following confused me:
....Attested copies of marriage certificate. From where you got it attested?
....Affidavit duly signed by husband and wife (Hindu marriage act) What is that?
....A joint marriage photograph of both husband and wife in case marriage certificate is not attested. Do they mean a photograph of marriage function where husband-wife can be seen together?

- Can you please recall how much processing time did it take?

- Did you send them the original passport or presented them only at the time of collection?

Regards
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/12 1:01 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
@tony

On their website the following confused me:
....Attested copies of marriage certificate. From where you got it attested?
....Affidavit duly signed by husband and wife (Hindu marriage act) What is that?
....A joint marriage photograph of both husband and wife in case marriage certificate is not attested. Do they mean a photograph of marriage function where husband-wife can be seen together?

The documents mentioned above by you are required in case of change of name after marriage. If you just need to add spouse name only sending a copy of marriage certificate is sufficient. I remember I did not even get it attested.

- Can you please recall how much processing time did it take?

it took 4 weeks for me.

- Did you send them the original passport or presented them only at the time of collection?

there is option that u can send original and receive the new one back by post. I was not convinced with sending original thru post so sent photocopies and presented original only at the time of collection. You need to mention ur contact details where they can inform u for collection when it is ready.

Regards
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/12 10:18 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Thanks a lot.

Was about to post the application today but just at the final movement noticed that embassy asks for 2"x2" photo. Is that serious? From where did you get such a photograph? One that I got clicked yesterday is what standard in GErmany but having different dimensions.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/30/12 12:05 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Yes you are correct. they do not accept biometric pic as common in Germany. You need to go to any photo studio and get this 2" x 2". Most of photo studio guys know as it is standard also for Indian\US Visa application. I noted them asking couple of applicants to get the photographs changed if they were biometric when I was there for my passport collection. Strange but....it is requirement....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/1/12 3:42 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
I could finally find one Photostudio that clicked in mentioned dimensions and guess what..movement I told her 2"x2", she said "Indien", as many Germans who travel to India visit her photostudio for same purpose.

Thanks for replying promt and accurate.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18