Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse Visa queries

Toggle
Spouse Visa queries
Answer
12/12/05 12:42 PM
Dear Friends,

I am an indian citizen and I would like to know about the information on dependent visa processing.My wife has applied her dependent visa in German Consulate General,Chennai,India on first week of december.We have submitted the required documents but to add my suprise I learnt from the trust7 fourm that we need to get attestation of the certificates by SDM and Ministry of external affairs.We have submitted the documents and they havent told us in the embassy at chennai that we need to give papers which has to be attested by SDM or external affairs office.

We have submitted the following documents only:

1) passport with(2 sets Photo copies) and photograhs.
2) copy of my residence permit which is valid for more than 6months from now on
3) Marriage Certificate given by Chief executive officer (tamilnadu wakf board) saying that the marriage certificate is valid under indian law.
(Copies are attested by Notary)
4) An invitation letter from me with residential address - Verpflichtung erklaerung
5) My bank statements,salary slips and my employment contract copies
6) A letter from my employer about my salary and contract period
7) Alien registration office (Anmeldung)paper and my House contract copies

I would like to know that:

1) Whether I have missed any papers which can delay the visa processing ?
2) Does anybody in the forum has experince with chennai embassy on family visa processing ?
3) How long does normaly the visa processing takes ?
4) What are the steps in visa processing after the documents submitted ?
5) Do we have any chances to know the status here in germany as well in india ?
6) Does it takes normally 8 weeks or more time for indian citizens ?
7) If I have to submit more papers will it be possible after submitting the applications ?

Kindly post your replies so it would help me for the visa processing !

Regards,
ALI
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse Visa queries
Answer
12/12/05 1:11 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
Why don't you check their official web site ? Everything is mentioned so clearly in English.

http://www.chennai.diplo.de/en/Startseite.html
http://www.chennai.diplo.de/en/04/Visa_20Information/Visa_20Information.html
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/05 2:27 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
Hi,

I think you must enclose the legalised copy of Marriage certificate. Normally the rules are more or less similar for spouse visa throught out europe. For Belgium, I submitted, legalised copy of marriage certificate, Police clearance certificate, and birth certificate. It is always better to check with the consulate people, because this should not delay the processing.

Just to keep you aware: Spouse visa takes longer than any other visa. In my case (For Belgium), it took 3 months. So please check with them and try to submit all the documents at the earliest. Because legalising the documents takes longer. (if you have some influence in commissioner office and secretariat, then probably in a week you can get it done).

Proceedure to legalising the documents:

Notarise the copies -> submit at the secretariat (foreign affairs dept) -> they will forward it to commissioner office (to verify, if the documents are genuine, (normally they just check the lawyer who notarised the copy)-> then the copies come secretariat -> you will get RED seal at the Foreign affairs dept..

Now your documetns are legalised.

Good luck.
Ruban.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/05 4:12 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
hi bajahaya (ALI),
Pls communicate your email address and I could give you some pointers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/05 4:38 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
hello deepak,

plz do write to my email address ba.jahaya@gmail.com

regards,
ali
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/22/05 12:01 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
Hi jahaya,

You can find the German Family Reunion Visa procedure at the following link:

http://www.germanembassy-india.org/en/willkommen/visa/fz.html

Regards,
Siva Kumar.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/18/07 9:04 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
Hi,

I am a resident from India. I have applied for dependent visa to Germany from Chennai, India to travel with my wife who has already got a workpermit visa to work in Stuttgart, Germany.

I had submitted my documents for dependent visa processing with chennai german consulate and i was expecting my visa approval by last week. But today i came to know there was a problem in approving my marriage certificate. (May be because it was in English and not in German. But i am not sure thats the reason). This info i got from my company people in Germany who spoke to visa authorities in Germany.

Now i am asked to talk to chennai consulate about this. Please mail me if you have any idea on how can we proceed in such a situation!

Do we have to arrange for modified/required documents or is it a re-apply scenario? Please send in your views which will really help me!

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/07 5:16 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
Hi,

In my case, When my wife filed for visa at German embassy-mumbai, we were asked to produce some evidence of our marrige. So my wife took our marrige photographs and video along with her. Also she had the marrige certificate from the local authorities. And she was granted visa within one month.

So, all the necessary documents like, invitation letter, salary sleep, contract copy, invitation letter from the host institute or office, insurance copy, marrige certificate are necessary.

Dont deny to go through marrige verification process. ask them if marrige photo and video will be sufficient or not.

best wishes..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/07 9:38 PM as a reply to Bakkurudeen ali J.
Hi,
I recently applied for my spouse's visa in Chennai Embassy. I am GC holder. It was simple. I submitted following documents:

1. Salary slips
2. Letter from company that I am still employed
3. House contract
4. Invitation letter
5. Marriage certificate, without any attestation of any sort. Just what I got from Registrar office.
My wife went and submitted documents 4 weeks back and now she already got approval letter. She has now to show flight confirmation tickets and get VISA stamped.

Well in my case it took around 1 month. All the best

Rajsoman
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3