Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Urgent help! please.. !!! Professor denied to support the student visa exte

Toggle
Hello,
I am a master degree student in university of bonn,germany and i am basically from India.I have joined the course in 2008 october then i got visa till 28 December 2010.Now i have to extend my visa because i have to complete 8 more subjects.So For my visa extension i had to fill up a form(kind of letter) from the university facility.And my professor(HOD) denied to support my visa extension.He is soo arrogant.my visa extension interview is dated for 28 dec 2010.
I could not give those 8 exams because i had health issues when i came in Germany. Also,i had mental depression and i was under treatment.
What can be done now? I am in great agony.I am not able to bare my mental tension now.
Could anyone suggest me a solution?
Is there any other option to extend my visa?
Kindly help help me out.
thanks in advance
mouli sada
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Urgent help! please.. !!! Professor denied to support the student visa
Answer
12/9/10 10:03 AM as a reply to mouli sada.
if what you have said is true, I think you can try to reason with your professor.
however if he can prove that you have worked 6 months all the time, then it is difficult to say anything.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/10 10:33 AM as a reply to mouli sada.
In worst case you go to the Dean of the feculty - fact is that you have exams open and the professor cannot do moral policing here - whether you worked or not. Noone can deny this fact that you have 8 papers open. This is the only thing which you need in writing and what the foreigners office cares about. Especially you should argue on the lines that he couldnt have done this with EU citizens. Worst case you could use the word 'discrimination' to give them a scare emoticon

Other more diplomatic way is to get a short two liner letter from each of the professors whose courses are open and when you are registered to write them. I guess even if 4 out of the 8 give you something in writing, the visa officer doesnt care.

Another way is to take the 'kürzerer Dienstweg' and talk to the program secretary and maybe she will write something without the prof knowing.

Best of luck

Supersid
PS: are you from Andhra Pradesh ?
0 (0 Votes)

Professor denied to support the student visa extension.
Answer
12/9/10 2:14 PM as a reply to mouli sada.
Thank you Vp_2004 and superd for giving some valuable solution. I have a question will the medical certificate from the psychiatrist and the normal doctor can be a solution for my problem?will the foreign visa officer consider this?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/10 2:46 PM as a reply to mouli sada.
Yes, you can also try to convince the professor with those documents. Also contact the AStA(Student Association) for you university. They will surely help you in this regard.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/10 5:18 PM as a reply to mouli sada.
Hi mouli sada,

when I see how you overflood our forums with your message, I start to understand your professor.

One message is enough! I had to delete 9 postings in different forums.

Detlef
The moderator
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/10 9:15 PM as a reply to mouli sada.
Mouli - just wondering are also you from AP ?
0 (0 Votes)

Re:
Answer
12/10/10 4:57 AM as a reply to mouli sada.
@ supersid:- yes i am from AP.. How did you get that?
I have also contacted(email) and explained my situation to the Indian embassy.I am awaiting their reply.
I am soo worried now
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/10 10:42 AM as a reply to mouli sada.
Mouli,

Indian Embassy cannot really help you here but do try your luck. But I would really suggest that you go to ASTA and/or try to get a letter from Prüfungsamt or several from different profs. that you have their papers open.

Why I asked that you are from AP - I am sorry to say but I am hearing the same story again and again (since seven years) from Indian students from AP. Most of them get admission for formality sake and work, work and work. This is a strong misuse of the German (almost free) educational system and one day the system will blow away.

Hoping that you are not one of them again !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/10 2:46 PM as a reply to mouli sada.
@supersid:-
Sorry, I haven't worked for two years i have taken bank loan to study. Now i started working for 400 € because the two year loan is finished. and in between i have done an internship during holidays last sem.
The professor gave me the filled form but in that he mentioned i wont be able to complete my course in one year.He did not mentioned about any papers left or anything just written according to my academic performance he say this.
You have mentioned about the other students so they had to go back to india or what?
anyways thanks alot for your information..
please let me know if there is any other option.
thank you
moulisada
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/10 2:59 PM as a reply to mouli sada.
@supersid:- Bytheway my course is not free i am paying 725€ per semester. I know its nothing compared to other countries but still. And for this semester also i paid the fees and attending classes to write the exams.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott