Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

What to do?? Urgent (need help)

Toggle
What to do?? Urgent (need help)
Answer
9/27/05 2:33 PM
First of all greeting to each one.

I heard about this cordial forum long before.

I arrived germany last 19th September as spouse of my hasband. I am from Mainz. yesterday I did 'anmeldung' and got 3 months of temporary resident permit in a separate paper (as additional paper works r required to get it in passport).

very unfortunately I lost my passport and separate resident permit paper in a tram yesterday.

I would be very grateful to know what steps do i need to follow now.

if luck favours me, there is a change to get it from local bus/tram authority where they store found materials inside bus/tram.

best regards.
sulmak
0 (0 Votes)

Re: What to do?? Urgent (need help)
Answer
9/27/05 2:39 PM as a reply to sulmakhab fgh.
Contact your embassy and maybe they advice you also to make a police report..!

Follow their advice !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/05 2:39 PM as a reply to sulmakhab fgh.
First DONOT Panic !!

--Contact the Fund Buro Immediately !! If u donot know where its easy to find Please rush tothe nearest Tourist info centre ( Example inthe Bahnof ) they will locate the fund buro. TAke ANOTHER tram and go there.

-Locate ur consulate. If you can tell from which country you are this forum may inform u on ur contries counsulate
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/05 5:09 PM as a reply to sulmakhab fgh.
First you have to register a complaint in nearest police station and get a copy of your complaint stating about the what are the things/items you lost. Then contact your ambassy and take the appointment asap to get your passport.They will issue you a temporary passport/replacement of your passport(it may be very easy if you have a copy of your old passport for them to investigate in the system). By this passport and police document you have to again go to auslandersamt for the resident permit. Dont be panic. With the police document copy you can travel in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/05 5:14 PM as a reply to sulmakhab fgh.
The people at the ABH Mainz are quite friendly (lived there for 4 years) so do as they other said (contacting the Fund Buro) and check if you can find that back.

But you also have to go straight to the ABH and let them know what happened (I don't think you will need an appointment for that) and ask them how you could get at least a temporary paper for the resident permit (a friend of mine got that too a couple of months ago) because you could get in trouble if you got checked and got no paper.
And that means you can have to go to the police to declare the paper lost in case you can't find it via the Fund Büro.

You also have to find a way to prove that you're you :-) and for this, you need your Consulate, they should make a temporary paper for you while they should be providing you with a new passport.

All in all, contact the Fund Büro, the Police, your Consulate and the ABH.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18