Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

AufenthG Extension / Change into a "Green Card"

Toggle
Hello,
I have been working in Germany for 2 years, and my contract was extended for 2 more years (total of 4). The company I work for, requested the extension of my Aufenthaltserlaubnis AufenthG for the 2 extra years of my contract, but I only got the extension for 1 more year, the feedback we get is that this kind of visa can only be used a max. of 3 years. My questions are the following:

+ Is there a way to change the visa, in order to get a kind of "Green Card" so to be able to extend 2 or 3 more years?.
+ Currently, my "AufenthG" has the restriction that I must work with the same company, is there a way I can get a visa extension in which I am independant from the company Im working with?.

Thank you in advance for any useful information...
0 (0 Votes)

Re: AufenthG Extension / Change into a "Green Card"
Answer
3/18/05 8:13 AM as a reply to Mario Munoz Lara.
Try to keep your current job with visa you have. After 36 Months of paying pension contributions (=receiving salary) you can according to § 9 BeschVerfV get work permit which is not connected any more to company.

But if you are really eager to do something now, try to consult lawyer, perhaps they can help you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/05 11:53 AM as a reply to Mario Munoz Lara.
"the feedback we get is that this kind of visa can only be used a max. of 3 years."

I know few things about ZuwG, more than lots of Beamters, but I never heard of any kind of visa that can only be used a max. of 3 years.

I would say it is just another Beamter that can not read.
What did your company say? Did they start to look for your replacement?

DO not wait. Get a lawyer and see if it is true, which I doubt?
Hier at VPMK you can get whole lot of info for 110e.

I the meantime tell us exactly what visa do you have? What is writen in pass?
What job do you do and is your Vertrag unbefristed?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/05 12:28 PM as a reply to Mario Munoz Lara.
There is no time limitation for the residence permit in AufenthG!!!
The cause of the problem is the falsche Auslegung of the § 13.2 BeschVerfV. It stipulates that work permit is max. 3 years. That means, for example, from tomorrow (19.03.05) and no longer than till 19.03.2008. But 19.03.08 you are able to visit ABH and apply for the new work permit and prolongation of residence permit for the next 3 years.
In your case it is possible to
a) take this work/residence permit and in 1 year apply for the unlimited work permit accord., to the § 9 BeschVerfV after 3 years working in Germany;
b) repeat your Antrag in a written form and write a Widerspruch and ask for longer work/residence perm. The answer is in Ermessen von ABH (not about the work permit, but about the residence).

§ 13 Beschränkung der Zustimmung
(1) Die Zustimmung zur Ausübung einer Beschäftigung kann hinsichtlich
1. der beruflichen Tätigkeit,
2. des Arbeitgebers,
3. des Bezirkes der Agentur für Arbeit und
4. der Lage und Verteilung der Arbeitszeit
beschränkt werden.
(2) Die Zustimmung wird für die Dauer der Beschäftigung, längstens für drei Jahre erteil

Wird=must
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/05 4:52 PM as a reply to Mario Munoz Lara.
My god, I can not believe it.

I mean, I understand it is Beamter, but even for Beamter it is to much.
I can not believe that ANYBODY could be that stu...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/05 4:55 PM as a reply to Mario Munoz Lara.
Mario do what Nemo says, and do it quick because I know cases where people got fired when Beamter told Firma that Ausländers can not work länger than 5 years with GC. Your Firma believes Beamter, so they think they have to find somebody else.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/05 12:14 AM as a reply to Mario Munoz Lara.
@ Nemo

Whats your reasoning in saying this?

"
The cause of the problem is the falsche Auslegung of the § 13.2 BeschVerfV"

Actually this paragraph states clearly that any Limited Visa can not exceed 3 Years, so you have to go AB and make an extension everytime before current 3 years expire.

What i do not understand from this Paragraph § 13 is where they say that The work permit depends bla bla... " hinsichtlich des Arbeitsgebers and Tätigkeit "
on top of that they bring this max-3-years thing ?!

so , if someone has an unlimited work permit , is that hinsichtlich Tätigkeit or hinsichtlich Arbeitsgebers ?!

My initial understanding is that all other clauses in this § 13 don't count : what counts is :
you can NOT extend your Visa for more than 3 Years : Old-GC Visa or otherwise. Period!

ich dachte auch dass, ich meine Visum auch für 30 Jahre verlängen konnte , aber das geht leider wegen diesen blöde §13 nicht.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/05 12:19 AM as a reply to Mario Munoz Lara.
correction from above text:

so , if someone has an unlimited Work Contract , is that hinsichtlich Tätigkeit or hinsichtlich Arbeitsgebers ?!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/20/05 11:49 PM as a reply to Mario Munoz Lara.
Hi All,
Thanks for all your answers... didnt think it would be so fast. emoticon

Regarding your questions:
+ My "vertrag" is not unbefristed, it is extended depending on the duration of my visa.
+ Job: I work on "Airbag" Development as kind of SW developer.
+ The visa...
AUFENTHALTERLAUBNIS: §18 AufenthG
Unselbeständige Beschäftigung gem. § 46Abs. 1 BeschV als Elektroingenieur bei Fa. --- AG längstens bis 09.03.2006 im Bezirk der Arbeitsagentur ---burg gestattet.
Der Aufenthaltstitel erlischt mit Beendigung der og.Beschäftigung. Selbständige Tätigkeit nicht gestattet.

Thanks again for the info... and I will follow your advices.. thanks all!..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/21/05 1:02 PM as a reply to Mario Munoz Lara.
Pasko:
"Actually this paragraph states clearly that any Limited Visa can not exceed 3 Years, so you have to go AB and make an extension everytime before current 3 years expire."

"My initial understanding is that all other clauses in this § 13 don't count : what counts is :
you can NOT extend your Visa for more than 3 Years : Old-GC Visa or otherwise. Period!
ich dachte auch dass, ich meine Visum auch für 30 Jahre verlängen konnte , aber das geht leider wegen diesen blöde §13 nicht."

wrong, wrong, wrong.
if law says it is not counted than it is completely not counted.
§ 9 BeschVerfV says that Zustimmung zur Ausübung einer Beschäftigung should be without limits from § 13 and it means all limits.

after 3-4 y in D your WP must be issued unlimited.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/22/05 10:16 PM as a reply to Mario Munoz Lara.
Okay..agreed emoticon i didn't see the last sentence from BeschVerf 9 (4) which says that:
(4) Die Zustimmung wird ohne Beschränkungen nach § 13 erteilt.

Question:

If you read the Link to Begründung zu § 9 :

Dies soll ergänzend zu der Möglichkeit einer aufenthaltsrechtlichen Verfestigung durch eine Niederlassungserlaubnis geschehen, die generell mit einem freien Arbeitsmarktzugang verbunden ist

Does this mean that we could even ask for NE using
BeschVerf § 9 after 3+ Years in DE ??

further from BeschVerf § 9 Begründung:
"
Die Regelung nimmt die in § 286 SGB III enthaltenen Grundgedanken auf und passt sie an das neue Zeitgefüge des Aufenthaltsgesetzes entsprechend an"

Can somebody show me the text( Grundgedanken) from § 286 SGB III
that they are talking about ?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3