Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work permit change, dependant visa status

Toggle
Hi,

I am working in Germany for last 8 months and this visa is tied to a company. I have a new job offer and they are ready to process for new work permit. I have my wife and kid here in dependant visa.

If I change my work permit and apply for new visa, do they have to any change go back to my own country?. Since we have a year old kid, traveling is bit difficult for her.

please advice
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work permit change, dependant visa status
Answer
4/20/11 5:26 AM as a reply to Bheema Ramesh.
The best you can do is to go to the foreign office personally and ask them for advise.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/11 2:18 PM as a reply to Bheema Ramesh.
@ kabelbw

No, they (your wife and kid) do not have to change anything.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/11 6:35 AM as a reply to Bheema Ramesh.
Hello, I faced exactly the same situation in early 2008. So if the legislation has not changed, do it as follow:

1. Go to the foreign office and apply for a new residence permit based on working a company (this time it will be the new company). They will gather all the necessary documents and ask for a new work permit at the agentur für arbeit of the city you got the new offer. (What I usually do to speed up things is to call the agentur für arbeit in that city and nicely ad friendly put some pressure).

2. Once this is delivered, you just call/go to the foreign office once hex have received it and get the new residence permit stamped into your passport.

3. Nobody has to travel back home. This procedure does nowhere include your wife nor your kid.

Good luck

Bolo
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/11 12:52 PM as a reply to Bheema Ramesh.
Hi kabelbw,

Can you tell me your experience about the process if you had completed the procedure for dependent visa status and your change in work permit.

I also need to go through exactly same scenario and any information would be highly helpful.

Thanks a lot.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/11 7:40 PM as a reply to Bheema Ramesh.
Hi,

Sorry I cannot add anything to the discussion. but as you are discussing the topic of WORK PERMIT I would like to as something.

I just wanted to know that when you apply for a work permit from your home country does the consulate give you a WORK PERMIT document with the 90 day visa?

I received my visa and when I asked for a document as a work permit I was told that it is not necessary as the permit is already received. (there is a note on the visa too.)

Thanks a lot and hopefully your issue gets solved ASAP.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/11 11:17 AM as a reply to Bheema Ramesh.
@harshalpattni

Yes that's true. You will not get separate document for workpermit.
Once you will arrive in Germany, ABH will stamp residence permit which also conatins workpermit.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott