Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

swiss visa == schengen ?

Toggle
swiss visa == schengen ?
Answer
5/5/06 11:53 AM
Hi,

If I go to Switzerland for a PhD student post then is it possible to go to the 16 schengen countries with the swiss visa ? I will lose my German Aufenthaltserlaubnis then.

Thanking you,
Nagananda
0 (0 Votes)

Re: swiss visa == schengen ?
Answer
5/5/06 12:15 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
To maintain your visa status in Germany you have to show that you are atleast back in the weekends i.e. atleast having a room contract(Anmeldung).

Once you have swiss student visa you should be able to obtain a visting visa to any of the schengen states easily.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/06 12:32 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
If I understand correctly, Swiss will join the Schengen in 2008.

I wonder if it is possible that for some having NE, work at Switzerland and pay German Tax? Or perhaps Swiss TAX is more attractive? Any comment?

J
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/06 6:58 PM as a reply to Vinod B.
I wonder if it is possible that for some having NE, work at Switzerland and pay German Tax? Or perhaps Swiss TAX is more attractive? Any comment?

Did you ever see spanish person working in Germany paying taxes in Spain? This is just a special agreement between Germany and Switzerland that if you live in the swiss/german border and keep your main residence in Germany you are allowed to pay taxes in Germany and that too you are eligible to this allowance only if you can show that you lived atleast 6 months(not sure) in the border.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott