Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

tricky question

Toggle
tricky question
Answer
2/21/08 6:55 PM
i have a daueraufenthalt laubnis which is unbriftest
i got it on the basis i was married to a german for the last 10 years, the marriage is on the rocks and we are considering an amicable seperation. will i now lose my PR ?? do i need to restart the process or do i need to leave germany ?

i am employed in germany and have nver had any social benefits and have all the insurances, i do look after my spouse who is german ane earns very little

the seperation wont be messy just life and a time to move on. she will support

any suggestions
0 (0 Votes)

Re: tricky question
Answer
2/21/08 7:58 PM as a reply to chintu ramchandran.
@lselondon

will i now lose my PR ??

No way.

do i need to restart the process or do i need to leave germany ?

Not at all.

i am employed in germany and have nver had any social benefits and have all the insurances..

You can certainly apply for german citizenship.

...i do look after my spouse who is german ane earns very little

Very nobel of you....and she still wants to leave you ;-)
0 (0 Votes)

Re: tricky question
Answer
2/22/08 10:10 AM as a reply to chintu ramchandran.
Thanks Akshay,

I will take advantage of your kindness to ask you one other question, do i need to inform the auslanderamt if i get a divorce or as i have PR, there is no reason to.

I will get a lawyer to sort out the divorce but i dont think he will know anything about immigration law >

Ps: we are both leaving each other, it is mutual emoticon (more from my side i will admit) but we will part as freinds and still remain freinds so nothing messy. thank god
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott