Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NE application

Toggle
NE application
Answer
5/13/05 3:29 PM
I'm just back from the ABH to get an appointment for applying for the NE 3 months before the end of my actual visa as requested by me last March.
Funny is that they told me they had no window in this time interval and gave me an appointment for Monday August 29th 2005, when my visa is ending on August 31st, 2005 :-)
What's really funny is that the guy told me which papers to bring with me and that they will all be checked at that time and if everything is ok, they will give the NE directly, no security check, no waiting time, no nothing...
But he then told me that it will be on the Beamter to decide to give NE directly or a short extension first, as in August, I will miss 2 months to get the required 5 years for NE.
Germany is Germany, ain't it? :-)

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: NE application
Answer
5/13/05 3:41 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hello All,
I think NoBody had a different response from ABH ,myself i checked with Munich ABH few weeks back about getting NE,the lady at ABH said i can apply 3 or even 4 months before my visa expires,As my visa expires on 30th september 2005 i am ready with all the required docs and going to ABH next week.I update you guys if i found some valuable info.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/05 3:48 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Security check by applying NE is only necessary for those people, who come from some defined
countries. If you donot come from those defined
countries, you donot need the security check.

On this point, the "Beamter" of the ABH has right
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/05 3:52 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Ok for the security check, you got your point but what I can't get in mind is this come-and-take thing, it really doesn't look normal to me, at least for all I know.

I will try to contact the Beamter who take care of my file next week to see if I can come up with something diferrent or not, unless someone shows me some place in the law which says it should be done some months before expiration of the present visa. Only need to catch a Beamter on his own game is to get some articles.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/05 5:10 PM as a reply to NoBody.
Hello Nobody,

I think security check is a must for all NE applications. I read about Regelanfrage in on eof the 300 page law description some months before. But you never know for sure!! earlir, only security checks where held for Einbürgerung and Unbefristet visum was given without any securtiy checks but the law has changed a bit so you must find out. I might help you to point out that specific part( if i have the time today!!) or else just google about Regelanfrage für NE!! you get a lot of sites to explain about the procedures of security check..

Good luck for your application!! one silly question from my side!! why do you need an appointment to go to the Auslandsamt?. I can go here to the Landratsamt anytime and ask any silly questions!!

Best Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/05 5:21 PM as a reply to NoBody.
@Rajesh

Thanks, sad our mister "Google" is not there today.

About the application, I didn't went for questions but for doing the application and here in Berlin, the steps are:
1. Fill the form and gather the papers
2. Get an appointment (it's during the appointment that you give the forms back and all the papers).

I will try to Google on the week-end and if it gives something back like that, then I will be on my way there again.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/05 7:08 PM as a reply to NoBody.
But that means that for a NE application, there's no fest Regelung on the time to do that before visa expiration.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18