Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Insurance for first month

Toggle
Insurance for first month
Answer
10/10/08 4:47 PM
What would be the best option for health insurance from the day 1 you arrive in Germany? My employer said they can do this for me, but said health insurance selection should be based on personal choice.

Can an insurance (Gesetziliche Versicherung) choosen by an employer be changed after I arrive in Germany?

Thanks

Nirmal
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Insurance for first month
Answer
10/10/08 5:04 PM as a reply to Nirmal Sasidharan.
I dont think you can change in a few months, but there will be some minimum period which you have to be with them.

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bild:GKV.jpg&filetimestamp=20071001224934

Those in the diagram are the biggest. Ask your employer to choose whichever is best.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/10/08 11:33 PM as a reply to Nirmal Sasidharan.
Nirmal,

as i understood, from next year onwards the percentage of amount is fixed. it is 15.5% of your total salary.

Last year i changed from AOK to IKK and saved 50 euros every month. But now, i would suggest to go ahead with AOK or BKK(some additional dental treatment benefits). Advantage is they have shops in every city and easy to access. You have to be with one insurer for 18 months before you change unless otherwise your case come under 'Sonderkundigungrecht'.

Hope other users will give more detailed info...

By the way, can you post the email address of french embassy you contacted as u said in the other thread.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/11/08 2:00 PM as a reply to Nirmal Sasidharan.
Thanks PEEK for the detailed Info.
I have updated the other thread with French consuldate id

Nirmal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/12/08 1:20 PM as a reply to Nirmal Sasidharan.
Besides the price, check out whether the insurance carrier has any exposures to sub-prime. An insurance company has to be solvent enough to pay the claims.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott