Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Deutsche Pass

Toggle
Deutsche Pass
Answer
12/6/05 8:30 PM
Dear forum members,
One of my friend told me that if someone lived in germany for 8 years legally, he is eligible to apply for Deutsche pass. Could someone explain me what are the conditions for IT experts. If someone studying here (master + Phd) for 5 years and working for 3 years after that, is he eligible for Deutsche pass?

Please reply if someone know real information about this issue.

Thanks in advance.

dreamer
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Deutsche Pass
Answer
12/7/05 1:21 AM as a reply to hassan mahbubul.
"If someone studying here (master + Phd) for 5 years and working for 3 years after that, is he eligible for Deutsche pass?"

It depends on the state, in which you are living. In south Germany(BW-Bayern) kinda difficult but in north, heard many people getting german citizenship with the conditions you describe.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/05 2:55 AM as a reply to hassan mahbubul.
Hi Lacralima,
Thanks a lot for ur reply. Please let me know some more details about it, may be some web links.
Is there anything written in the new immigration law?

It's going to be 8 years for me and I am living in BW, that's why I am bit worried about it. Please help me providing details info/suggessions about it.

Thanks a lot.

dreamer
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/05 10:04 AM as a reply to hassan mahbubul.
7 years will do in your case:
http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/stichwort/einbuergerung.html
http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/stag.html#10
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/05 12:16 PM as a reply to hassan mahbubul.
@ dreamer
To my knowledge BW doesnot accept the time with Aufenthaltsbewilligung(student time), but it depends on the Beamter/in.
-metro
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/05 12:46 PM as a reply to hassan mahbubul.
@dreamer

In order to get german citizenship, you need to finish 8 years of residence in germany. Out of 8 years your last 3 years you should have NE (unbefristeten Aufenthaltserlaubnis oder Aufenthaltsberechtigung)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/05 4:35 PM as a reply to hassan mahbubul.
"Out of 8 years your last 3 years you should have NE"

That is not correct.. would you give any reference that says it should be so ? To my knowledge, it is enough to have just a normal residence permit that allows you to work full-time at the time you apply for the citizenship, it does not have to be necessarily NE..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/05 5:18 PM as a reply to hassan mahbubul.
Hi All,
Is it the condition that after 8 years, you must have a job? if someone is self-employeed after after 8 years, will different rule apply for him?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/05 6:40 PM as a reply to hassan mahbubul.
"Is it the condition that after 8 years, you must have a job? if someone is self-employeed after after 8 years, will different rule apply for him?", I didn't knew being self-employed was synonym of being unemployed...

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/05 3:26 PM as a reply to hassan mahbubul.
Change your registration from BW to another state and things would be different.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/05 8:20 PM as a reply to hassan mahbubul.
@Nobody
I am self-employeed but having projects in hand at least for next 1/2 years. So financiall I am quite stable.

@Mumuni
Any suggessions, where to relocate..
How about berlin?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/05 11:20 PM as a reply to hassan mahbubul.
any of the rheinlands. e.g Germersheim
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18