Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

To extend and get independent Green Card.

Toggle
Hi All,
I am new to www.trust7.com and I found the FAQ in trust 7 really helpful... pls help me with my question.

I came to Germany on June 2004 as a Software Engineer and I have heard that the Green Card holders can make their Green Card independent of the employer. With this info I went to the Auslander office and they said looking at my passport, I can't do that because it is according to the old law and as per the new law I need to work in Germany for 3 years if I need to change my Green Card independent. I don't know how I can argue them (my German is far far from ideal) and can u pls point me to some term or law which I can point to them so that they will understand it correctly.Here is what written in my Green Card now(passport)

" Selbstandige Erwerbstatigkeit oder vergleichbare unselbstanddige Erwerbstatigkeit nicht gestattet.
Unselbstandige Erwerbstatigkeit nur als IT-Spezialist gemaß der IT-AV beider firma XXX GMBH. gestattet.
Die Aufenthaltsgenehmigunu erlischt mit Beendigung der
Beschaftigung bei obengenannten Arbeitgeber.
Keine weiteren gultigen amtlichen Eintragungen"

And it issued in June 2004 (so it is well before December 2004)
Pls can u help me... also is there anything I need to worry as whether if current employer cancells my current work permit, then will i be in trouble.That means do i need another work permit to get my new green card. At present I have resigned from my company and totally confused by the answer from the German officials...

pls reply me,

Thanks in advance,
Sam.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: To extend and get independent Green Card.
Answer
10/6/05 7:38 PM as a reply to sam lal.
aah... I am not sure what you are looking for. As fas I know Green Card is history and you would not get one anyway.

I am sure the group will agree to my statement.

Maybe you are looking at a "Limited BE" this term was recently introduced by a group member.

-Sai
0 (0 Votes)

Re: To extend and get independent Green Card.
Answer
10/18/05 7:16 PM as a reply to sam lal.
Thanks Kumar and Sorry that I could not answer for some time. Actually my intention is to get my Residence Permit extended without the employer name in it. Because my previous Residence Permit says my Residence Permit is tied to the employer and the validity is till I loose my job or the expiry date (june 2006). Since I am out from my current employer I wanted to get a new Residence Permit. But when I went there they were saying me about this old/new law and the requirement of 3 years stay in Germany etc... Also I did not apply for Arbeitlosgeld... it's been more than a month and am I too late for that...
Thanks and waiting for the reply...
Sam.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3