Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Free English Schools in Berlin

Toggle
Free English Schools in Berlin
Answer
11/1/11 9:02 PM
Hi every one,
We plan to move from India to Berlin by January 2012. We have 2 daughters and the elder one is 4years and 6 months old.

Can you please let me know the options of schools available. My daughter speaks English and she does not understand German.

Also can you please let me know the approximate costs involved as well.Like when we checked some english schools are very very expensive.Can some one help us to find an english school in Berlin
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Free English Schools in Berlin
Answer
11/2/11 7:27 AM as a reply to simjees Abraham.
never heard any free english school in germany. You can put your daughter in international school and then changed to local school later. in my city, internation school cost about 1000 euro per month.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/11 10:22 AM as a reply to simjees Abraham.
Contact Mr. Detlef from trust7. Maybe he could be of help as he lives in Berlin(AFAIK). The contact information is at the bottom of the page.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/11 12:36 PM as a reply to simjees Abraham.
Hi,

ich habe keine Ahnung/ I have no idea, but I send a mail to an 'old' t7 member who will know ;-)

Viele Grüße aus Berlin
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/11 1:52 PM as a reply to simjees Abraham.
there are some bilinugal schools in berlin which are run by Government but to get a place in these schools is very hard but yes they are free of cost. Some names of these schools are Nelson Mandela School, Charles Dickens School you can check their website on net to get more information about admission criteria.
Good Luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/2/11 3:17 PM as a reply to simjees Abraham.
Hi simjees, hi all

Nice to "see" you guys, long time absent in the forum...

Detlef asked me to help a little bit in that subject.

Simjees is right, sorry to dissapoint the others. In Berlin (I think ONLY here) there are free English schools. They belong to a school group called "SESB" (Statische Europa Schule Berlin) and there are not only English schools but also other languages from the European countries (Italian, French, Portuguese, Spanish).

The schools I know are:

Charles-Dickens-Grundschule

Schulleitung:
Frau Ilse Krone
Tel.: +49-30-30328680
Fax: +49-30-303286819
EMail:
verwaltung@charles-dickens-gs.de
Internet:
www.charles-dickens-gs.de

Quentin-Blake-Grundschule

Schulleitung:
Frau Linda Andrae
Tel.: +49-30-63218031
Fax: +49-30-63218025
EMail:
info@quentin-blake-schule.cidsnet.de
Internet:
www.quentin-blake-schule.cidsnet.de/

There are at least 4 more English schools (2 in Berlin 2 in Potsdam) but they are "normal" international schools and no idea the prices but usually near 1000 Euro per month and usually "Elite" schools.

In the schools I mentioned, anybody living in Berlin can assist but I tell you you are not the only one who want to spare 1000 bucks so is probably not that easy to get a place. I recommend you to contact ASAP these schools.

In addition, German language is not really an option here. It doesn´t matter if your kids don´t speak German, they will have to learn it (like my kids did it). Even the Europaschule starts teaching in German (1st year = 80% English 20% German but for example Math is ALWAYS in German from the begining.

I hope this works!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/19/11 5:42 AM as a reply to simjees Abraham.
Are you aware of any free English Schools in Hamburg.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott