Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

When does the wife get the NE

Toggle
When does the wife get the NE
Answer
11/13/06 2:31 PM
Hello Members!
I am holder of NE and was just curious to know if its possible for my wife as well to get NE.

Here is her situation:
She would complete her 5 Years in Dec06,and had been working ,but for an EU organistation and on a special Ausweis.She was not involved in contributing to the German social system as this organistation does not come under German jurisdiction and hence is not obliged to pay into it.Though the organisation has some arrangements for internal pension funds which the employee is obliged to contribute in.

So in all:
-She would complete her 5 years in Dec
-She has not contributed to social funds in Germany.
-She was legally working all this time and has all the sallary statements

Does she clear the elligibility criterias for NE in this situation?
Does Husband having NE influence chances of wife's NE in anyway?

Another Question:
If a person has NE,and if he has an offer from another company,then is the Arbeits Markt check performed again?

Anticipating your inputs/experiences..

Thanks,
VAH
0 (0 Votes)

Re: When does the wife get the NE
Answer
11/13/06 3:07 PM as a reply to Vineet Ahuja.
Hi,

Your answers

"Does she clear the elligibility criterias for NE in this situation?"
Yes

"Does Husband having NE influence chances of wife's NE in anyway?"
No influence

"If a person has NE,and if he has an offer from another company,then is the Arbeits Markt check performed again?"
No

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/13/06 4:14 PM as a reply to Vineet Ahuja.
If she had german Auf. Erl .for this 5 y than she can get NE.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/13/06 6:41 PM as a reply to Vineet Ahuja.
Hello!
Thanks for your inputs!

@DVD
No she did not have a German Auf.Erl. in her passport.
Instead she has got a "Sonder Ausweis" which is a seperate card issued by the diplomatic office.

Vah
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/13/06 7:36 PM as a reply to Vineet Ahuja.
That is bad.
Maybe she can not get NE at all. Did you try to ask at ABH. Use phone first and try to talk with some boss there. Find his number on internet.

Maybe there is some § for those who work for EU.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/17/06 12:39 PM as a reply to Vineet Ahuja.
@DVD
Called them up.
It is likely that she would get NE after Dec.
But in order to join her new job she would have to apply for some workpermit atleast so that she can work in Dec.

Cruel welcome to the German System:
I came to know only now (pitty)! that we have to shell out much MORE taxes than ever before.
Earlier my wife worked for EU and never paid any taxes though there were some internal tax levied but those were minimal.Since she was invisible in the german system my tax class always remained 3 and we had the best of both the worlds.

But now when she joins this new company the whole thing seems to be crashing down.Tax class 3-5 or 4-4 both suck up in one way or the other.
She or me has to part with about 60%of our salary to the taxes/social contributions.
After this tax the left over does not look better that a pocket money-emoticon

Well lifes doesn't always remain a bed of roses-emoticon isnt't it!

VAH
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/17/06 3:28 PM as a reply to Vineet Ahuja.
Well lifes doesn't always remain a bed of roses- emoticon isnt't it!

Welcome to Germany ... ;)

Life's never been a bed of roses, not even in dreams, ever since I came to Germany emoticon ...

And its going to be worse from Jan 1st '07 with the increased VAT, GEZ for Computer with DSL and mobile phones with UMTS.

And with the new labour laws, with 2 years probation period . . .

Maybe its time, to search for other alternatives .... I sometimes wonder how I survived 6 long years ...
0 (0 Votes)

Status Update: When does the wife get the NE
Answer
11/27/06 3:41 PM as a reply to Vineet Ahuja.
Alright Members,

Finally we were in the Auslanderamt today and applied for the NE ,submitted all the papers.
After the lady verified all the docs,She told us that she would send us letter as to when we can get the NE stamped since my wife completes her 5 yrs in end Dec.

Now we asked the lady if we can get the Fiktion Besch.(Temp. Visa) until then,She said no problem,paid 20 bucks and got that.

In the next step we asked her if she can start her work from 1st dec with this temp visa and showed her the new employement contract (limited one).
Lady said NO first,but on requesting her she talked with her boss and finally agreed to modify the Temp visa with another § "Erwerbikeit Gestattet",which was a delight!

I beleive if we would have straight asked the lady for the workmermit for this new job then it would have taken the normal course of the beaurocratic procedures until she gets her permit.Not to mention that she had an altogether different status in Germany.And she couldnt have joined earlier than Jan'07.

Sometimes the alternative passage is more fruitful-emoticon

Cheers,
VAH
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7