Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

problems to get visa for boyfriend

Toggle
problems to get visa for boyfriend
Answer
5/23/06 4:51 PM
I live in Dusseldorf, Germany and work for Vodafone since year 2002, excluding 2005. My current working visa is until March 2007.

A visa request was made for my lebenpartner who holds a Sudanese passport, studied law in Egypt and lives there for over 10 years, legally, with re-entry visa.

I sent him an official invitation, and he applied for a visitor visa through the German embassy in Cairo. We were refused already 2 times for visa.
The reason I was told after talking to the Consul and the head of visa department was that we have not enough documentation in order to prove my boyfriend will leave Germany legally after the 3 months visit period.

I tried to provided all needed documents from my side, but still couldn’t reassure the German authorities that in this case I can guaranty for my spouse to leave Germany when the time is due.

anyone can help? I am helpless and hopeless.
thanks for your time...
0 (0 Votes)

Re: problems to get visa for boyfriend
Answer
5/24/06 2:41 PM as a reply to karni yellin.
@karniyellin

Thats really a sad situation. Think about getting a boyfriend who doesn't need a visa :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/06 3:54 PM as a reply to karni yellin.
Hi Karniyellin

I didn't understand all your post but the small part I understood I comment you.

Well, if you see all the problem from the side of the authorities, sound kinda logic. If you said that he is your Lebenspartner or your boyfriend and you are inviting him to Germany and saying that after XX months he will leave I also wouldn't believe you.

The most direct way may be a marriage and after that a Familiar reunification visa. I don't really know how it works all the paperstuff but surely will be better.

The best solution would be to consult a lawyer to see really what is good, anyway each try you make is time and normally you would like to save time.

I wish you luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/06 6:21 PM as a reply to karni yellin.
Firstly, to Akshay: That has to be one of the most insensitive and asinine comments I have ever seen on this forum - perhaps it would be better not to say anything if you have nothing helpful to add.

Secondly, to karniyellin: I suppose it's a question of what your friend's intentions are.

If you just want him to come and visit you for a while, and don't want to go the whole registered partnership route, then you have to prove to the German authorities in Egypt that he does indeed intend to leave again.

Normally this would be done by proving things like:

1. That he has a permanent job in Egypt, that he has not resigned and intends to continue working there on his return. Often a letter from the firm, written on a proper letterhead will do.

2. That he owns or rents property there, and has not given it up, and intends to live there again on his return.

3. That he has dependents of some kind, perhaps elderly parents and needs to return to look after them.

4. etc.

Now if you have already tried all of that without success, you might go to the other extreme and have him come to Germany, as YO1 said, for familiar reunification. This would be a concession to the suspicions that the German consulate in Egypt has, that your friend wants to stay in Germany. It's quite an extreme step to take, so you need to consider whether your relationship is ready for it!

That would imply that he gets a visa for that purpose (not for tourism), and that you then appear before the marriage office (Standesamt) in Düsseldorf, and have a formal partnership registered (eingetragene Lebenspartnerschaft).

Then he gets to stay in Germany as your spouse for at least as long as your own visa is valid. I assume you will have been in Germany for 5 years in March 2007. Then you can apply for permanent residence (Niederlassungserlaubnis) and the 2 of you can then remain indefinetely.

Of course, once that's been done, he can enter and leave Germany as often as he wants and you should never have any more visa problems. So that means he might return to Egypt after a while.

A resource you might find helpful is http://www.lsvd.de
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/06 7:51 PM as a reply to karni yellin.
@berlinsa

Thanks for the link, www.lsvd.de was very informative. I had no idea that karniyellin is homosexual. I apologize for the previous insensitive remark. I wish him good luck in reuniting with his boyfriend.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/06 11:09 PM as a reply to karni yellin.
@Akshay,

Are you a crazy nut ?. How can you say it is "HIS" boyfriend. And How can you judge that karniyellin is a male.

Keep your mouth shut and refrain from any posting if you do not intend to help or be sacarstic.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/06 11:59 PM as a reply to karni yellin.
@chinkri

"Are you a crazy nut ?."

i'm not sure, but asking self could give more precise answer.

"How can you say it is "HIS" boyfriend."

why not? that's why we come in here as everyone has right to ask questions.

"And How can you judge that karniyellin is a male."

no idea about that, but mr. "Akshay" can answer.

"Keep your mouth shut and refrain from any posting if you do not intend to help or be sacarstic."

why can't you do that? do you've any special permission to not to do so?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/25/06 12:24 AM as a reply to karni yellin.
@instructor,

you are a destructor and not an instructor. no use of talking to you...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/25/06 1:09 AM as a reply to karni yellin.
@chinkri

"you are a destructor"

look who's talking!

"and not an instructor."

did i every say that?

"no use of talking to you..."

why do you describe yourself like this?

just read your post, you know how informative was that and talking in here. did not find any use of your first and previous post and trying to shut someone else mouth!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/25/06 2:35 PM as a reply to karni yellin.
@chinkri

How can you say it is "HIS" boyfriend. And How can you judge that karniyellin is a male.

I did not know that until Berlinsa suggested "eingetragene Lebenspartnerschaft". He also recommended visiting http://www.lsvd.de, have a look and educate yourself, perhaps you can also benefit from it someday :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/25/06 3:40 PM as a reply to karni yellin.
@Akshay, @instructor,

Sorry Guys...My mistake. I apologise...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/25/06 3:53 PM as a reply to karni yellin.
No need for exculpation, without you this forum won't be dai colori vivaci :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/06 6:59 PM as a reply to karni yellin.
thanks to all of you guys who tried to help.
I guess we will have to take the drustic step and get married, since we show all the documents you stated.
and to the people who are wondering about my sexuality habit - well, I am a wonam, my boyfriend is a man. as simple as that.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott