Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work Permit for my Wife

Toggle
Work Permit for my Wife
Answer
6/27/06 6:11 PM
Hello,

I have a work permit and working in Germany now for the last 1 month. I had simultaneously applied for a dependant visa for my wife. The visa has not come through yet due to the long legalization process of Indian marriage certificate. Meanwhile my wife also has an offer from a Germany company.

Is it possible to get a work permit for my wife after she gets a dependant visa for Germany? If yes, how long will it take to get a work permit for a person in Germany in a dependant visa.

Thanks for any help.

Regards.
-B
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Work Permit for my Wife
Answer
6/28/06 1:03 PM as a reply to Balamurugan Kalia.
Hi

"Is it possible to get a work permit for my wife after she gets a dependant visa for Germany?"
Yes.. why not ?

"If yes, how long will it take to get a work permit for a person in Germany in a dependant visa."

She is not allowed to work for the first year of dependant visa and she is pretty much like a person without any work-permit, therefore she has to go through all the work-permit process when she gets a job offer. The timeframe and process for that is surely less painfull than being India. In the worst case however "couple" of months should be taken into consideration for the work-permit process.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/28/06 9:11 PM as a reply to Balamurugan Kalia.
Hello,
In my opinion since your wife already has a job offer, coming here to germany on a work permit is better than coming on dependent visa and then changing it to a work permit. If it is One year like Lacrima said it is too long a time to sit at home without a job.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/1/06 3:19 PM as a reply to Balamurugan Kalia.
The rule with one year waiting is not valid any more. The new conditions depend strongly on the conditions in your work permit:
1) If you needed AMC to get your permit, your wife will need the same. In this situation it is the same if she applies independently or as a dependant.
2) If you have an occupation that does not need AMC, then your wife has more benefits if she applies as dependant, because she gets the same conditions as you.

In both situations she can apply immediately. There is no waiting time any more.

Nevertheless, after 2 years she gets more relaxed conditions.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott