Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Any success stories for securing B1 through self study.

Toggle
Hi all,
As most of us are busy throghout due to our job, and get little time to attend language courses in late evening, I would like to know if anyone can share his experience of doing self learning for German language and passing B1 test. Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Any success stories for securing B1 through self study.
Answer
5/4/08 1:27 PM as a reply to subir subir.
B1 is actually pretty easy. If you have reasonable ability of German, ou should be able to pass it without any problems.

Get the "optimal B1" books, if you can. These are the ones that Goethe Institute uses for their B1 classes.

Good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/8/08 6:55 PM as a reply to subir subir.
Hum, don't know about B1 but I intend to do the C1 (Prüfung für Wirtschaftsdeutsch International) through self learning. After talking to her, the lady at the VHS told me to come back in 2 months when they will do the test.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/08 12:29 PM as a reply to subir subir.
Just wanted to update on the "success stories" part that I did the C1 test after self-learning last Saturday afternoon and succeeded.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/08 1:39 PM as a reply to subir subir.
Hi,
it requires you to prepare well and test your skills(understanding, reading, writing, hearing, speaking etc) requiring almost 4-5 hours.

For this, you may download the material for Model Test B1 from Internet and check, whether you are in a position to go for it. Regarding Hearing material, so you could also find on the Internet as well.

From my old surfing(ModelTest):
telc
goethe.de (also check for online sample tests and download the hearing mp3 files for practice)
hueber.de

Deutsch-Als-Fremd-Sprach-Links:
dw-world.de
deutsch-learnen.com
bbc.co.uk
before You Know It
dasan.de
edhelpers.com
eurocosm.com
germanA/germanB
german-about.com
germanfortravellers.com
german-grammer.de
ich-will-schreiben-lernen.de
learno.com
listenandlearn.org
nthuleen.com
passwort-deutsch.de
projekt-deutsch.de
RocketGerman.com (free initial lessens for free)
schularena.com
telegerman.com
transparent.com
WOTD (world of the day)
wirtschaftsdeutsch.de

Dictionaries:
frelang.net
quickdic.org
Vocabulary Trainer:
choice
Myvoc

I not only myself, but also helped wife(hausfrau) to get it thru self study. Ofcourse, you would require a good book(better, if it is accompanied with a CD for hearing skills).

Take an appoint for the test(VHS might first would like to test, whether you could sit into this test directly, depending upon the person there) and appear for the test.

TIP: you should repeat the Model-Tests till your Test-date. Keep a target to get Note-1, because you are required to get 60% marks in every part of the test. Use a Ruler in the test, while marking the answers to avoid errors. You should also find someone who may assist for Speaking-Portion of the test. Also, daily write a letter with some topic(like friend want help or want to visit or wedding/combined study invitaiton) and let it check thru your German colleague around for the mistakes.

If you find your not comfirtable, then there is a "Vorbereitungskurs für B1" offered by VHS and you may take part into that before appearing for test directly.

Viel Erfolg.

A.T
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3