Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Elterngeld confusion

Toggle
Elterngeld confusion
Answer
11/16/10 12:30 AM
Hi,

I have gone through previous topics in this forum but may be I am dumb to undestand paperwork in regards to Elterngeld.

My situation:
- I have NE and my wife has §30 AufentG. She is housewife and I am working
- My kid is few weeks old
- I plan to go in Elternzeit for 3 months in next year in June

My question:
- Can my wife or I apply for Elterngeld.
- While applying for Elterngeld (for first 12.14 months), who should be the applicant (Antragsteller)? My wife or I or both?
- How long can we receive Elterngeld (12 Months or 14 Months) provided my wife wont receive any Mutterschutzgeld from Krankenkasse.
- In Jan 2010 my wife was concieved. Till December 2009 she was working in India. Will it have influence on Elterngeld?

Can someone be of help?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Elterngeld confusion
Answer
11/16/10 11:51 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
I'll give this a try.

>- Can my wife or I apply for Elterngeld.

Yes, either or. Together in case you plan to take some months off.

>- While applying for Elterngeld (for first 12.14 months), who should be the applicant (Antragsteller)? My wife or I or both?

Both.

>- How long can we receive Elterngeld (12 Months or 14 Months) provided my wife wont receive any Mutterschutzgeld from Krankenkasse.

14 only if you plan to take some months off, otherwise 12 at the minimum which is 300 euro.

>- In Jan 2010 my wife was concieved. Till December 2009 she was working in India. Will it have influence on Elterngeld?

I can't see a reason why this could influence Elterngeld...

This is my own understanding of the law and according to:

http://www.bmfsfj.de/BMFSFJ/familie,did=116804.html
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3