Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse Visa Berlin

Toggle
Spouse Visa Berlin
Answer
10/21/08 1:05 AM
Hello Forum Members,

My wife applied for visa 2 weeks ago. I am planning to contact Berlin Visa office this wednesday to get an appointment or go directly on Thursday.
During my work visa extension, they asked me lot of questions before giving me an appointment as i wanted to extend 2 months earlier(out of country during visa finishing stage).

So now i fear they may say, I will be contacted incaseof need. If they dont contact there are more chances for an marriage verification process as it happened for my friends in other cities. I would like to avoid this situation as fas as i can.

So, could you please share your experiences or suggestions with berlin visa office or any other visa office. What reasons could be told to get an appointment.

Thanks for any help.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse Visa Berlin
Answer
10/21/08 9:07 AM as a reply to akash bala.
Hello Peek80,
I have application for reunion visa 5 weeks ago. We were instructed to contact the foreign office in Germany if my papers need a verification and ABH will send a confirmation of checking to the embassy. Right away, my husband contacted the ABH, and ABH explain the process of application and verification. The embassy will forward the application to foreign office and they will decide whether the check is needed or not then they will inform back the embassy. Foreign office say nothing if my papers will be checked or not but he said they have listing of countries that documents needs to be checked.
2 weeks after, the foreign office send a post to my husband asking 2 questions if he expects me and where will we live, nothing mentioned about the verification or confirmation. Questions in our mind now are: if my papers needed a verification, the ABH must inform my husband or me to pay for the V Fee (200 euro)but they did not.
We feel the same PEEK80, but I will share here as soon as i get some information about my application. We would also appreciate if anyone with same experience can also share to us.
Thanks,
W
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/08 4:13 PM as a reply to akash bala.
I enquired with ABH by email asking for the status of spouse visa. They responded promptly informing about the status and what information they sought from the consulate.

Keeping regular contact with ABH does not stop them for asking for verification.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/08 8:00 PM as a reply to akash bala.
Thanks Wildflower and Stutt23.

Stutt23, did u contact in berlin. Could you pls provide the link or email address thru which u contacted ABH.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/22/08 1:40 PM as a reply to akash bala.
I didnt contact ABH in Berlin. I am sure you find their email on their website.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott