Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Urgent: Aufenthaltserlaubnis expiration

Toggle
Urgent: Aufenthaltserlaubnis expiration
Answer
5/13/08 10:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I am an Israeli citizen. I have an Aufenthaltserlaubnis with a work permit which will expire in 2 days. I no longer work for the company I was issued the permit for. I'd still like to stay in Germany for a while, probably looking for a new job.

My question is this: should I go to the Ausländeramt to get a permit to stay for longer? Or does the expiration of the permit only mean that I am automatically downgraded to "tourist status" and I can still legally stay in Europe for another 90 days from the date the permit runs out?

Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Urgent: Aufenthaltserlaubnis expiration
Answer
5/13/08 11:16 PM as a reply to Sergei Barbarash.
According to the law you should inform the foreign office as soon as you have received the Kundigung or if you have resigned from the company. If you have worked more than a year you will get Arbeitslosgeld and will be provided with temporary visa. The duration of the visa is at the discretion of the visa officer. If you get a job within this period you will get a workpermit as before, if not the temporary visa may be extended or you may be asked to leave the country. Dont assume anything because if you stay is deemed illegal, you may not be able to avail of the visa free travel next time
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott