Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Reducing the duration of Reise versicherung after the guest enters germany

Toggle
Hi,

I am inviting my father to Germany this summer. I plan to apply visa for the max. duration of 3 months.

If I get Reiseversicherung for 3 months (with ADAC), and if later my father visits me for a month or 2 only,

1) is it possible to change the start and end date of the insurance?

Since my father is turning 66, the insurance amount makes a big difference

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Reducing the duration of Reise versicherung after the guest enters germ
Answer
3/12/09 2:42 PM as a reply to Saravanan Annamalai.
May be you can change before the start of the contract. But certainly not after the start of the contract.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/09 3:06 PM as a reply to Saravanan Annamalai.
It is cheaper to get an insurance from india instead from here.
tip : try bajaj insurance
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/09 3:15 PM as a reply to Saravanan Annamalai.
Thanks guys.
Thanks Raj for your suggestion.

I enquired with Allianz in germany. Its cheaper (calculated on day basis). Costs 1,40 euro perday.
The only problem i see with them is, in case of Kranken Rücktransport they cover only a maximum of 500 euros.

ADAC has no limit in this case also.

Otherwise the cover of ADAC and Allianz (in germany are same).

I will try to gather info from BajajAllianz...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/09 12:46 PM as a reply to Saravanan Annamalai.
ICICI Lombard is cheaper than Bajaj Allianz.

The only problem is if you take insurance from India. Claims will not be settled immediately.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/14/09 2:51 AM as a reply to Saravanan Annamalai.
Thanks Stutt23.

I settled for ADAC even though its little costlier.
I wanted complete insurance as my father is 66. I don't want to be in stress in any case of emergency.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/09 11:48 AM as a reply to Saravanan Annamalai.
@Prabhat,

I am also inviting my parents and found insurance from ADAC good. As my parents will be visiting me in June, I have yet not made the contract. so i want to know if you have already got the insurance, that are all contract formalities done per post and fax or is there any office one can visit.

What all documents you got like insurance policy or may be a card from them?

I am insured by TK, where i just need to pay praxis fees of 10 Euros every quarter. This is for the first time i m taking such kind of reise und krankenversicherung, so i m little worried as one has to pay the whole fees to doctor/hospital first and need to claim the money back. I would appreciate to receive information from you about your overall experience and in case you needed to visit doctor, how soon they paid the money back in near future.

@all
If anyone had the experience with reisekrankenversicherung, please share your experience and advice.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/09 12:00 PM as a reply to Saravanan Annamalai.
mawista is also one of the best. You can even do this online.

Check details here: http://www.mawista.com/vide/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/09 2:03 PM as a reply to Saravanan Annamalai.
Mawista is a small insurance company owned by some insurance brokers. I guess its a lot cheaper than any other company. If cheapest is the criteria then go to ICICI Lombard.

Otherwise: ADAC, DAS(MunichRe) or Allianz is good.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/09 2:21 PM as a reply to Saravanan Annamalai.
<<<Mawista is a small insurance company owned by some insurance brokers. I guess its a lot cheaper than any other company.<<<

For example for ppl under 66 years ADAC costs 69 Euros and mawista costs 67 Euros for 2 months. So it is not lot cheaper. Big does not mean, they are good.

I had a good experience with Mawista by the way and they are based in Germany emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/09 10:16 PM as a reply to Saravanan Annamalai.
@hcg517.
I went to ADAC Geselleschaft (just an office of ADAC) and did the stuff.
With ADAC its possible to do it online also.

You have 2 weeks time to cancel your contract without any reason (its the case with all contracts in germany)

Its possible to change the start date of your insurance. It costs 8 euros, if you do that before the original start date mentioned in the contract.

Also possible to cancel the contract in case your guest doesn't arrive in germany at all. It costs either 8 euros (if you do before the start date of insurance) or 15% of premium if you do after the start of insurance.

If the guest visits a doctor, you need to pay and then reclaim the bills.

Each visit have a self participation (selbstbeteiliung) of 50 Euros.

The insurance amount covered is unlimited.
Also for transporting back to the native country, in case of emergency, ADAC covers without any limit

THanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/09 1:24 PM as a reply to Saravanan Annamalai.
@Prabhat

Thank you for all the information. I have called ADAC today to inquire about self contribution of 50 euros. It is not each visit, but it is each disease/symptom. For eg. if suffering from fever and visit doctor 3 times including followup and get the prescription for medicine, it will be considered one disease/schandensfall and for all these, 50 euros will be cut as your self contribution.

This is what atleast they told me. Just wanted to share with you as you have personally visited their office and might have got different information. But this should not be different with the same company.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott