Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

New born's passport: Indian Embassy in Munich

Toggle
Hi,

It is little confusing, the papers that have been asked for passport of a new born child by Indian Embassy.
- The papers which are needed in Munich are different for those required in other states.
- Anyone has some idea if Meldebescheinigung for parents is needed while applying for kid's passport?
- Is there something else other than that mentioned on their website which they can ask to produce while applying for new born's passport? (At least German embassy in India is full of surprises, that's why I asked this question)

Thanks and regards,
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Re: New born's passport: Indian Embassy in Munich
Answer
12/13/10 6:19 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hallo Tony,

Not sure if you are already through with visa application procedure, but let me share one aspect of my experience of applying passport for our new born kid in Indian embassy at Berlin.

IE at Berlin asked for Bescheinigung/certificate that our kid has not applied for german citizenship. This is called Negative Bescheinigung(describing that kid is neither eligible nor have applied to german citizenship). Check with them. I got such a certificate from einbuergerungs amt of Berlin for our kid and one of my friend had got it from standesamt of his district their kid.(the standesamt where I live told me that they do not issue such negative bescheinigung, Strange but true and it took me 4 days to find out from where I can get this certificate).

In our case they did not ask for Meldebescheinigung.

Hope this helps!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/10 2:18 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
@hcg517

if a new born kid applies for German citizenship, is he/she is not eligible for Indian Citizenship. I heared that new born babies will get both citizenship (as iam here since 8 yrs), but they(we) have to decide at age 18 which they want to give it back.

Pls correct me.

Thank you
justdoit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/14/10 3:05 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
@justdoit

Yes, if the kid applies and gets german citizenship, then he/she is not eligible for indian citizenship. That is the reason Indian embassy in Berlin asked for cetificate that we as parents have not applied for german citizenship for our kid.

while turning 18, i too have heard that kid can decide whether to take up german or indian citizenship, but i am not sure if kid gets both the citizenship because as far as I know neither India nor Germany recognises dual citizenship. But i may be wrong here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/16/12 1:46 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi Tony,
Recently we have been blessed with the Girl(She was born 6 weeks earlier) and yesterday i got letter from KVR that i have to apply visa for my kid and i am gathering information for applying Indian passport for my kid. I have gone thru the Indian Embassy website and it is very confusing. Can you give me some info like What documents do i need to take, where can i download the Application form (are there any other applications do i need to fill, any link would be helpful)?? Do i need to take my kid to the Embassy???

Thanks
Deepak
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/12 7:04 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Congratulations!!

You can download form from http://www.indianembassy.de/emb/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91&Itemid=99&lang=en

I will also suggest you to get the birth registered. As far as I remember, you need to show Meldebescheinigung, passport of parents, German DOB certificate, passport size photos. It is all mentioned on their website. I think you can also fill the online form and send it via post.

And you do not need to hurry, if you do not plan to visit some other country. We did it after 8-10 weeks. And please take care that the passport size photo has the same size that they mention in order to avoid unnecessarily delay.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/18/12 1:09 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Thanks Tony.

I have gone thru the online form, in this it is asking birth marks and i didn't find any on my child. Also in documents requirements it says

"Letter from German authorities confirming that the child has not been issued any German document" Where do i get this document?? Can i just take the letter which i got from KVR to apply visa for my kid??

Thanks
Deepak
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/18/12 1:29 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Use internet Explorer to fill the form. If you are using firefox, then when you click in column Visible mark, it highlights left above in browser the hint to fill the field which says "write NIL if you dont have any visible mark.

At least till 2010 they (CGI Munich) did not ask for any such certificate. I do not have any idea about it. Any sorry, I dont know what KVR is? What does it stand for?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott