Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German Pass: How long?

Toggle
German Pass: How long?
Answer
5/12/11 5:28 PM
Hi friends,
I applied in December 2010 for German passport from Frankfurt region.
About five weeks ago they were asking for fees (approx. 250 Euro) & i transfered immediately.
I am intented to go for holiday for a bit longer time.
anyone has any idea how long it will take to get the paper?

Thanks in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Re: German Pass: How long?
Answer
5/12/11 6:08 PM as a reply to Masum Ahmed.
The time to get the paper maybe a few weeks after paying the final amount, you can ask the local amt where you submitted the papers if they have got the final confirmation from darmstadt. After you get the papers, you have to apply for passport which normally takes 2-3 weeks or emergency passport which take 2-3 days.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/12/11 6:52 PM as a reply to Masum Ahmed.
Raj, thanks for quick reply.
i have transfered the money 7th of April. May be for Oster vacation required some extra time.
is that the local authority (standesamt) issued the Urkunde ?
this people are too lazy.
i submit my paper & about two months didn't get any letter from Darmstat. later i went to them & the person said he forgot.
May be i will wait one more week and then ask the local autority.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/11 4:59 PM as a reply to Masum Ahmed.
Hi, at last i received urkunde & pass.
They send me letter two weeks ago but it bounced back (sometimes postman deliver opposite way)
Thanks friends for your valuable advice.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/11 7:33 PM as a reply to Masum Ahmed.
Congrats!

How long it took the whole process from the day one you submited docs and till you received the passport.How many times you visited the amt in this period ? this information will be helpfull for the members who are planning to apply for Deutsch pass.

Rgds
Ric
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/27/11 12:05 PM as a reply to Masum Ahmed.
so far i know, the total time depends upon region to region. In Hessen,its about 5 months.
You don't need to visit amt differnt time.

At first you submit your documents to the local amt. if they accepted then you have to wait 2/3 weeks for a formal letter stated that they received your application from the regional headquater (in Hessen it's in Darmstadt). then you have to wait until they were asking for any further documents.

For my case, the local amt forgot to transfer it to the regional headquater.(The experts from trust7 asked me to go and asked the local amt).

the whole process:
1. Submit the application to locat amt.
2. Wait for a formal letter from regional headquater.
3. Wait for any further letters (normally they asked for monthly salary paper)
4. Letter for fees.
5. Wait 3/4 weeks from local amt for urkunde.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18