Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Indian Couple Marriage in Germany

Toggle
Indian Couple Marriage in Germany
Answer
10/6/06 2:53 PM
Hello Friends,
I am from India and working in köln as a software developer for about 8 months , my girlfriend (also indian) is studying at RWTH Aachen. We want to get married in december 2006 or janaury 2007. Can some one plesae help us in follwing issues:

1. what will happen to her student status after marriage , will she be allowed to continue her studies, 1 more year is left.

2. how can i change the tax class , what do i need from india.

3. what would me more fruitful, either getting married in december 2006 or janaury 2007 , in terms of Tax returns.

Thanks in advance
Vivek
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Indian Couple Marriage in Germany
Answer
10/6/06 2:55 PM as a reply to vivek gupta.
Forgot to add one more issue,

4. is it possible to get married here in germany (being both indians).

Thanks
Vivek
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/06 3:45 PM as a reply to vivek gupta.
@vivek79

According to Foreign Marriage Act, 1969, a marriage between the parties one of whom at least is a citizen of India may be solemnized under this Act by or before a Marriage Officer in a Foreign country (i.e. indian embassy)

1. what will happen to her student status after marriage , will she be allowed to continue her studies, 1 more year is left.

The student visa can be converted to spouse visa, she is allowed to continue her studies with spouse visa.

2. how can i change the tax class , what do i need from india.

You need nothing from India, just show them the marriage certificate from indian embassy.

3. what would me more fruitful, either getting married in december 2006 or janaury 2007 , in terms of Tax returns.

Marriage and that also fruitful ???

Just kidding ;-) if you get married in Dec 2006 then you can claim the tax-return for the entire year.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/06 4:14 PM as a reply to vivek gupta.
Dear Akshay,

Thanks for your answers, I didnt get the joke , was it about marriage emoticon or about the tax returns for entire year 2006.

and does your reply suggest that we can get married in germany.

thanks again ,

vivek
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/06 6:42 PM as a reply to vivek gupta.
Hi,
What akshay says is right.

You can get married here,contact your nearest indian embassy for the details.

"I only knew some men becomes dumm only after marriage emoticon"
"shaadi se pahele yeh haal hai to agge kya hoga "
Just kidding emoticon.

Have a lot of fun ....

MATRIX
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/06 6:49 PM as a reply to vivek gupta.
@vivek

...and does your reply suggest that we can get married in germany....

Was I writing in French?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/6/06 10:11 PM as a reply to vivek gupta.
Hi, why do you want to get married in germany?

If you want to get married under germany authority (standestamt), it is painfully slow and a lot of documents have to be submitted (mean a lot of money and time).

Since a couple is living separated, you still have to use tax class 1, however you can claim back your money later next year.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/9/06 6:44 PM as a reply to vivek gupta.
Many thanks for your answers , I actually called up CGi in Frankfurt and they told me that even getting married in consulate will not be enough. so either get married in denmark or in india.
Dear Akshay , This is why i wrote that message as i thought i understood it wrong after talking to CGI.

any way thanks again for your help.

Best Regards
Vivek
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/9/06 7:13 PM as a reply to vivek gupta.
@Vivek

....I actually called up CGi in Frankfurt and they told me that even getting married in consulate will not be enough....

Civil servants in indian consulate and in german govt.offices don't differ much from one another. One is as stupid as the other.

The job of indian embassy is to give you a marriage certificate and the job of ABH is to check and varify the authenticity of marriage. Since the girl is already studying in germany therefore she doesn't need to go back to india to apply for spouse visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott