Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

H1 Salary and Decision

Toggle
H1 Salary and Decision
Answer
6/2/06 12:34 PM
Hi guys..

What do you think what H1 Salary is okay to go for :-) after living and working four years in Germany and overall experience of six years. and additionally masters from Germany as well.

Most of the the companies who are providing H1 sponsorship are just selling people to their clients. I am looking for some quick replies...
0 (0 Votes)

Re: H1 Salary and Decision
Answer
6/2/06 1:05 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
senior tester $70,000
senior developer $80,000
technical analyst/consultant $90,000
sap consultant $100,000
business consultant $110,000
team leader $120,000
manager $200,000

Did you fit in one of the categories above if so, it also depends on the technology (SAP, .NET & J2EE), company's business, history and size

good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/06 1:18 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
HI Babloo,

Its actually for a friend of mine. He asked me for a advice so I forwarded to the question to Trust7 friend. His domain is VC++. He has been offered around 65K. Would it be wise move? While having a permanet job here in Germany.?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/06 1:38 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
not bad, usually salaries are good in USA. Later he might consider moving to another company. I really cannot suggest anything more it is up to the person to calculate his savings here in Germany and USA and make a move.

By the way the salaries should differ depending on the region. The list I gave is from expensive california state.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/06 1:47 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
Hi Babloo,

Thanks for your quick replies. Seems like you are well aware of US market. Do you know how does the health system works over there? I guess one pays more to state here in Germany..right or wrong? Whether the employs in US cover all the health insurance or how is it like..any information in this regard.?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/06 2:04 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
All the information I have is from my friends in USA. You can save up to 10% to 20% of your social contributions in USA compared to Germany depending on the coverage of your private health insurance. Apart from this the health care is good in USA.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/06 2:05 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
Let's calculate the salary for German conditions..
65K Dollar is approximately 50K Euro which means a gross monthly salary of 4200 Euro(net monthly 2300 Euro)

Can one expect in USA more than 2300 Euro monthly net with a 65K Dollars annual gross salary ? (Just to compare it with Germany) considering all taxes and compulsory reductions in USA ?

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/06 4:37 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
As bablo said earlier you can save between 10% to 20% in US..seems like true. Here is Germany you get about 54% of the salary in your pocket. While in US it is about 65% to 70%.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/06 6:13 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
@babloo

senior tester $70,000
senior developer $80,000
technical analyst/consultant $90,000
sap consultant $100,000
business consultant $110,000
team leader $120,000
manager $200,000

It is unlikely that a H1B holder can get such salaries, unless he/she is backed by strong certificates, about 10 years experience, very good references and experience in working for well known companies. In addition, you must count that once you loose the job, you have little time to search for a new job, thus it is difficult to negociate for a big salary.
Regarding the healthcare, it is good, but you have to pay...

Regards,
Marius
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/06 6:16 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
Hi,

As a married person without kids one can get here in Germany about 60-65% of his salary. Is it also simliar in US ? The second factor is the euro to dollar conversion factor, if one considers moving to US in a high risk market from a secured Job from Germany, then in my opinion a gain of 20%-25% should be there.

Have a nice weekend.

Peacy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/06 9:09 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
Please don't forget the working conditions in US are much more flexible than in EU. In US, you can be asked to work longer than 10 hours, in the weekends, ie. you can go to work anytime. In EU there are strict rules about that.

Also, another thing is that Euro - Dollar parity is big. This makes difficult to find a job in EU, because Euro is precious at the moment, and EU market is not very good. A lof European companies therefore deploy workforces in developin countries, like the ones in Far East.

And, work costs in EU are fairly higher than US, because of unions, taxes and work protection rights.

Just comparing the money is not enough. Other parameters play a role, too.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18